Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 11-14-2019, 09:57 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2018 XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakejunkie View Post
Thatís actually a great idea! I didnít even think of using that amp. Should be able to splice the cockpit zone control wires for the dash speakers and move the sub wires over to mono amp. I wonder if I can get a wiring schematic for the boat...
Not sure about a wiring schematic but I can help you out with some other things...

Modification to add additional cockpit speakers-
508507- this will replace 508504 to the 8 channel amp. This gives output for the two dash speakers instead of the subwoofer. You'll also need to loop through the 8 channel amp output to the input that goes to the dash speaker output. I think it will be channels 5 & 6 on the 8 channel amp.
Add wires from the amp area to wherever you are adding the speakers. You can either splice into the harness above or you can buy another connector from Amazon or ebay to make it look factory.

Subwoofer modifications-
508826 - Klipsch mono amp
508006 - Klipsch mono amp power harness
508813 - amp stack kit
508108 - subwoofer harness
You'll need to cut a hole in the amp cover or order a replacement cover or go without a cover. The cover with a cutout part number is 178285.
Add wires to the additional subwoofer location. Same as above it is possible to add a connector to make it like the factory installs this.

The above items should get you really close to having a plug and play upgrade to the Klipsch system. You're basically turning your advanced audio into premium audio, but duplicating the cockpit speakers instead of adding a separate dash zone. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

I can help with Klispch Stereo modifications
Old 11-15-2019, 08:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 MasterCraft XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by eecyclone View Post
Not sure about a wiring schematic but I can help you out with some other things...

Modification to add additional cockpit speakers-

508507- this will replace 508504 to the 8 channel amp. This gives output for the two dash speakers instead of the subwoofer. You'll also need to loop through the 8 channel amp output to the input that goes to the dash speaker output. I think it will be channels 5 & 6 on the 8 channel amp.

Add wires from the amp area to wherever you are adding the speakers. You can either splice into the harness above or you can buy another connector from Amazon or ebay to make it look factory.

Subwoofer modifications-

508826 - Klipsch mono amp

508006 - Klipsch mono amp power harness

508813 - amp stack kit

508108 - subwoofer harness

You'll need to cut a hole in the amp cover or order a replacement cover or go without a cover. The cover with a cutout part number is 178285.

Add wires to the additional subwoofer location. Same as above it is possible to add a connector to make it like the factory installs this.

The above items should get you really close to having a plug and play upgrade to the Klipsch system. You're basically turning your advanced audio into premium audio, but duplicating the cockpit speakers instead of adding a separate dash zone. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Wow! Canít thank you enough for the help. I might need a little more explanation once I get all the parts priced and ready for install. I need to measure if the 8.5s will fit in the dash or just 7s. Also is there a better place to put the second sub instead of the stock walkway bow area?
Old 11-17-2019, 07:43 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakejunkie View Post
Wow! Canít thank you enough for the help. I might need a little more explanation once I get all the parts priced and ready for install. I need to measure if the 8.5s will fit in the dash or just 7s. Also is there a better place to put the second sub instead of the stock walkway bow area?
If you want more bass in the bow, the stock walkway is a good place to put it. I prefer more bass in the cockpit area, so I would look into options further back. Under the helm is probably the easiest location but you may be able to use some creativity to come up with something else.

Old 11-19-2019, 03:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 MasterCraft XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by eecyclone View Post
If you want more bass in the bow, the stock walkway is a good place to put it. I prefer more bass in the cockpit area, so I would look into options further back. Under the helm is probably the easiest location but you may be able to use some creativity to come up with something else.

Probably helm is the best for a second sub. So I know my 8 channel amp is using channels 1-6 for bow, cockpit, and tower speakers all in 4 ohm. 7 and 8 is bridged to 2 ohm for the sub. Say the cockpit is using channel 3 and 4. I could get dash speakers and run them in parallel along with cockpit speakers. That would use both cockpit channels in 2 ohm for 4 speakers through the dsp and zone control. Would that be possible until I go for a second sub and amp combo?

I guess thinking abut it more you could put dash speakers on bow zone control with 4 speakers wired in parallel for 2 ohm. Then get additional cockpit speakers like the 2020 models but instead of mounting in coffin side only. Put one on the side behind sub and other closer to passenger rear facing seat. Wire those speakers in parallel to cockpit and control with that zone. Get two more tower speakers and wire in parallel with that zone. Then you would have 8 interior speakers, 1 sub, and 4 tower speakers all wired to the stock 8 channel amp in 2 ohm for every channel. Am I thinking correctly?
Old 12-01-2019, 06:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X30, Gen 2, 7.4L!!
eecyclone, I tried to send you a PM but it said your inbox was full.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantman View Post
eecyclone, I tried to send you a PM but it said your inbox was full.
Sorry about that. Should have some room now if you want to try again.

Old 12-02-2019, 08:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X30, Gen 2, 7.4L!!
from my understanding, if you don't touch anything with the dsp or before the dsp, your warranty is still fully intact. But if you touch something before the dsp or change something with the dsp itself, your warranty could be voided. Correct?

Tags
2018, all take and no give, ban hydrotunes, hydrotunes, i share my wife