• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mabird1980
    TT Newbie
    • Oct 2018

Wanted Perfect Pass Single line display

Here's the story, I have an 02 X30 that needs a working single line display. I can make the current one work by jumpering the pins on the back side of the gauge and am contemplating mounting momentary switches to get it to work but figured before i did i would check here to see if anyone had an old single line display laying around that they might be willing to sell.
  • Strreamline
    TT Enthusiast
    • Aug 2016

I have one of the larger size, might be able to swap parts into yours?

Comment

• slalomjunkie
      MC Maniac
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mabird1980 View Post
      Here's the story, I have an 02 X30 that needs a working single line display. I can make the current one work by jumpering the pins on the back side of the gauge and am contemplating mounting momentary switches to get it to work but figured before i did i would check here to see if anyone had an old single line display laying around that they might be willing to sell.
      Idea - Call Mark at PP and ask if it might be able to be repaired...?
      The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

• mabird1980
        TT Newbie
        • Oct 2018

Thanks for the responses.

Strreamline - Thank you for the offer unfortunately the parts that i need are the faceplate itself with the ribbon cable that is permanently attached so unless its a 3.5" gauge it probably wouldn't work.

Slalomjunkie - I contacted Perfect Pass and unfortunately they were not much help in this regard. They don't support the single line displays anymore and their only solution is to upgrade to stargazer with a new multiline display at a cost of over $800 so basically the cost of a new system minus the existing servo motor. A little more than i'd like to pay considering the system is fully functional minus the display. Really wish they'd make the price a little more palatable for situations in which their original version failed.

I'm pretty good with simple wiring so will probably end up bypassing the buttons on the faceplate and relocating the buttons to 4 momentary's mounted on the dash.

Comment

• Virginia D'Ardenne
          TT Newbie
          • Sep 2018

mabird1980 - Did you find your single line display or did you do the upgrade?

Comment

• slalomjunkie
            MC Maniac
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mabird1980 View Post
            Slalomjunkie - I contacted Perfect Pass and unfortunately they were not much help in this regard. They don't support the single line displays anymore and their only solution is to upgrade to stargazer with a new multiline display at a cost of over $800 so basically the cost of a new system minus the existing servo motor. A little more than i'd like to pay considering the system is fully functional minus the display. Really wish they'd make the price a little more palatable for situations in which their original version failed.
            If you have a workaround, you could go with it and continue to wait until someone else upgrades.

Or… Here’s an idea: Old master modules go for anywhere from $75 to $150, I would target $100. If you get a master module that has the software version that supports a multi line display, you could just buy a brand new display from PP.. That would be far cheaper than the full SG upgrade. PP should be able to tell you what the earliest software version you’d need to support a multi line display… I was thinking 6.4 but I can not recall.
            The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

• MC351stars
              TT Regular
              • May 2008

I have one brand new and one used single line remote display. They are rectangular housings that can be mounted anywhere around the dash area to keep your stock dual speedometers in place. PM or email me if you are interested and I can send pictures. [email protected]
              1983 Stars & Stripes
              1994 Prostar 205 (5.7 TBI)

Comment

• mabird1980
                TT Newbie
                • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Virginia D'Ardenne View Post
                mabird1980 - Did you find your single line display or did you do the upgrade?
                Haven’t found one yet, do you have one?

Comment

• mabird1980
                  TT Newbie
                  • Oct 2018

Originally posted by slalomjunkie View Post
                  If you have a workaround, you could go with it and continue to wait until someone else upgrades.

Or… Here’s an idea: Old master modules go for anywhere from $75 to $150, I would target $100. If you get a master module that has the software version that supports a multi line display, you could just buy a brand new display from PP.. That would be far cheaper than the full SG upgrade. PP should be able to tell you what the earliest software version you’d need to support a multi line display… I was thinking 6.4 but I can not recall.
                  Don’t want to do the workaround right away because it would require drilling extra holes in the dash. Obviously I want to avoid that if at all possible.

Thats a great idea, if I can’t find a single line display I may go that direction, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X