• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 88falcon
    TT Enthusiast
    • Apr 2018

Pertronix Distributor

Hello all. After my carb rebuild I was out running around and noticed I couldn't exceed 3k rpms, after verifying my throttle linkage, secondarys, etc.

I found I had severe corrosion,in my distributor on The springs and weights. Also the white plastic clip or (bracket)that sits on top of the weights had a crack in it and broke entirely upon removing it.

I verified my timing advance wouldn't exceed 15°. Decided rather then trying to rebuild a 31 year old distributor I'd just buy a new one. After reading customer reviews I decided to go with the Pertronix D231800 Marine distributor. Very excited to install this unit. Does anyone have one of these units? How has it treated you?

Pertronix D231800 Flame-Thrower Plug and Play Black Cap Marine Billet Electronic Distributor with Ignitor II Technology with Black Cap for Ford 351W https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004BZYKWO..._SiWuDb8F21J1B

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  • waterlogged882
    MC Master Poster
    • Dec 2004

Good call under the circumstances. The Pertronix will serve you well. I have installed a couple of those (that combination of coil and distributor) on the 351W engine. Runs like a well-oiled Singer sewing machine.

You'll need to by-pass the ballast resistor when you wire it.

93 190
    (safe click)
    John 14:6
    (safe click)

Comment

• 88falcon
      TT Enthusiast
      • Apr 2018

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
      Good call under the circumstances. The Pertronix will serve you well. I have installed a couple of those (that combination of coil and distributor) on the 351W engine. Runs like a well-oiled Singer sewing machine.

You'll need to by-pass the ballast resistor when you wire it.

Thanks for the response, I already have the Ignitor 2 EI and the flamethrower coil, this distributor however comes with it, so the installation will be quite simple I imagine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X