• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • npress
    TT Newbie
    • Oct 2020

MV8 5000mpi- where to add antifreeze?

Getting ready to winterize myself this year. The Ilmor manual has nice pics of location of knock sensors and drain plugs.
    There are no diagrams or pictures of how to add antifreeze through open cooled system.

Does anyone have pics or diagram of the exhaust feeder hoses and and thermostat hose ends?
    The instructions are 1. Close water pick-up seacock
    2. Fill engine block and heads from thermostat housing (feeder hoses)
    3. Fill exhaust manifolds by removing thermostat hose ends
    4. Fill sea strainer
    5. Reinstall hoses

Thanks for any info to help make sure I have the correct hoses.
  • NXT22guy
    TT Regular
    • Jun 2020

Pull the plugs shown in the owner's manual. Fill a 5 gallon bucket with pink rv antifreeze. Then pull the hose off the thru hull, pop that into the bucket. Run it till Bucket is empty. Dump a gallon or more into each ballast tank.

I just paid my dealer to do this to insure my warranty is good to go. I have been doing it on my boats and jet skis for 13 years. Each unit is a little different, but no biggie.

I will most likely do my own next year I feel like it cost me way too much over 800.
    2018 Mastercraft NXT22
    2001 Stingray 200lx-sold
    2006 Honda Aquatrax F12x-sold
    2004 Honda Aquatrax R12x-sold
    1980 EBKO Cobra-sold
    1995 Macgregor 26s
    1998 Macgregor 26x-sold
    2001 SeaDoo GTI-sold
    1995 SeaDoo GTX-sold
    1995 SeaDoo XP-sold
    1981 Macgregor 25-sold

Comment

• bloup101
      MC Fanatic
      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by NXT22guy View Post
      Pull the plugs shown in the owner's manual. Fill a 5 gallon bucket with pink rv antifreeze. Then pull the hose off the thru hull, pop that into the bucket. Run it till Bucket is empty. Dump a gallon or more into each ballast tank.

I just paid my dealer to do this to insure my warranty is good to go. I have been doing it on my boats and jet skis for 13 years. Each unit is a little different, but no biggie.

I will most likely do my own next year I feel like it cost me way too much over 800.

With this method don’t forget to run the engine to operating temp so the thermostat is open, then put raw water intake hose in bucket with RV antifreeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• NXT22guy
        TT Regular
        • Jun 2020

Originally posted by bloup101 View Post
        With this method don’t forget to run the engine to operating temp so the thermostat is open, then put raw water intake hose in bucket with RV antifreeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Good call, I usually run the boat 10 minutes, then change oil then 5-10 more then winterize.
        2018 Mastercraft NXT22
        2001 Stingray 200lx-sold
        2006 Honda Aquatrax F12x-sold
        2004 Honda Aquatrax R12x-sold
        1980 EBKO Cobra-sold
        1995 Macgregor 26s
        1998 Macgregor 26x-sold
        2001 SeaDoo GTI-sold
        1995 SeaDoo GTX-sold
        1995 SeaDoo XP-sold
        1981 Macgregor 25-sold

Comment

• KWSC
          TT Enthusiast
          • Aug 2013

running the engine is not required if the block is drained before adding the antifreeze. The cold antifreeze will close the Tstat pretty quick anyways.
          sigpic
          Kamloops Waterski Club
          www.kwsc.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
          X