• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rocketboy
    MC Fanatic
    • Jan 2016

Display Old Skis

I have collected some old skis. I would like to display them in our garage. Anyone have any good ideas?

I do have a Mastercraft Ski that is in shipping now. Can’t wait to add that to the collection!!
    Attached Files
  • 3event
    MC Devotee
    • Jan 2005

Nice collection there!

I've got a small ski museum in our semi finished basement. For the ski pairs, I sandwich the two between two small pieces of wood (painted a color to match skis) perpendicular to the length of the ski - screwed tight on each side of the skis and in between. The wood bracket is installed just at the point where the ski tip curve at the top flattens out. Then i screw a couple eye hooks into the bracket behind the skis and hang them using some matching paracord type line. They hang directly from the painted joists (ceiling/joists/ducts all painted)

For slaloms and wakeboards, I find a way to attach the paracord to a fin or binding hole w/screws or washers as needed.

Not super elegant but workable. Main downside is that the bottom of the ski or board is loose and can swing . That's OK in a rec room but in a garage I might want to figure a way to tie down the bottom.

Tried using command strips (having seen that used online) but not strong enough.

Good luck and interested to see what you come up with!

Comment

• Rocketboy
      MC Fanatic
      • Jan 2016

I found this - might display like this.

Also got this Mastercraft ski yesterday.
      Attached Files

Comment

• dmbeck
        MC Fanatic
        • May 2014

I’ve never seen it done before but with as many as you have I would try to find a way to paint a wall black then cover it in skis as much as possible.

One of my dads buddies brought me a Mastercraft ski the other week, he actually has the receipt for it from when he bought it in 1983, he paid $281.46 for it. I finally got it hung in my basement last night, now I need some more lake items to fill the rest of the wall up. He says he has a Mastercraft comp vest to go with, I can’t wait for him to drop it off.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Rocketboy
          MC Fanatic
          • Jan 2016

That’s cool!!

Comment

• Wheelin98TJ
            MC Devotee
            • Jul 2015

Awesome collection you have there!

I have 2 wooden pairs that were my Dad's that I'd love to get hung up somewhere.

Comment

• rbuss4
              MC Fanatic
              • Apr 2016

We have a set of those Suncutter combos. Memories!

Comment

• ATLX30
                MC Fanatic
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Rocketboy View Post
                I found this - might display like this.

Also got this Mastercraft ski yesterday.
                The skis are cool, but I actually like the beer cooler better. What's on tap?

Comment

• tmothy07
                  MC Devotee
                  • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Rocketboy View Post
                  I have collected some old skis. I would like to display them in our garage. Anyone have any good ideas?

I do have a Mastercraft Ski that is in shipping now. Can’t wait to add that to the collection!!
                  Those USA skis are awesome! Well, they're all pretty awesome. Can't wait to see what you end up doing with them.
                  Tim
                  Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
                  1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
                  1995 MC ProStar 205

Comment

• Rocketboy
                    MC Fanatic
                    • Jan 2016

The beer tap was a picture from my cousins husband. Never knew he had the old skis!

Bought this one today with the case. It has gloves also- were there MC gloves?
                    Attached Files

Comment

• 3event
                      MC Devotee
                      • Jan 2005

Nice find! I assume there were gloves to match, vests and the rest. Neighbor @ the lake still has that same ski and pulls it out once in a while.

These can be good finds on Craigslist or BookFace. I looked on Ebay trying to find some vintage ones to build a bench and found prices to be ridiculous for the most part. Here's your ski for $754 plus $160 shipping!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X