Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smitty, he may have been just before you. I remember >10 years ago it was so much fun to watch Bobby Knight, he did some amazing things with kids that should not have gone where they did.

Comment

• BrianM
      MC Addict
      • Jul 2004

Well you can make fun of me all you want for the football team but come basketball season watch out.

Go Cats!
      sigpic

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Comment

• bradamerry
        MC Maniac
        • Jul 2004

Champs

Need I say more. And LSU did it by the system!
        Swaha Lodge Lake Greeson Akansas..... www.swahacabins.com

Comment

• Footin
          MC Addict
          • Aug 2004

Bradamerry, You have inspired me to add the picture next to my name.
          OH-IO!

Comment

• bradamerry
            MC Maniac
            • Jul 2004

you are a first??

Comment

• Footin
              MC Addict
              • Aug 2004

Haha.........
              OH-IO!

Comment

• OhioProstar
                MC Fanatic
                • Jul 2004

All I know is Saturday when I get off Lake Cumberland's smooth water, I am going to see that my Spartoonies smoked Rutgers on the way to a decent season.

Comment

• bcampbe7
                  MC Addict
                  • Jul 2004

They may have a good season going till Oct 2nd. Then they will have to travel to Iowa City to play the Hawks!
                  Interestingly enough, that is the same day that UT will beat Auburn.
                  If my words don't make sense, try reading them backwards.

Comment

• OhioProstar
                    MC Fanatic
                    • Jul 2004

We got them last year, but you're right they will most likely roll at home.

Up on Rocky Top...Rocky Top Tennessee. My best friend lives down in Cleveland, TN and drives me crazy with the Vols.

Comment

• bradamerry
                      MC Maniac
                      • Jul 2004

What's the news on Oregon State's ball team, they play LSU in Tiger Statium Saturday!

Comment

• OhioProstar
                        MC Fanatic
                        • Jul 2004

Sporting News says:
                        Oregon State at LSU -- Saturday at 6 p.m. ET

Why to watch: The defending national champions (no, not USC you media types) get their turn at bat ready to stake a claim to the number one spot. As good as LSU might be, this won't be a walk in the park against an Oregon State team with (don't laugh SEC fans) the best defense the Tigers might face all year long. LSU isn't getting the universal respect it thinks it deserves coming off a championship season and is looking to make a major statement. Oregon State is looking to play well to bring more respect to the Pac 10 and show that it's going to be a factor in the conference race.
                        Why Oregon State might win: O.K., so maybe Georgia will be the best defense LSU faces this season outside of its own practices, but Oregon State's is right up there finishing seventh in the nation last season with seven starters returning. Yeah, this D really is that good with a brick wall of a run defense allowing only 84 yards per game (fourth in the nation.) This is a new year and a new team, but the Beaver front seven is good enough to keep RB Justin Vincent in check and force new starting QB Marcus Randall to make plays through the air. That's not a good thing against Brandon Browner and the tremendous OSU secondary.

Why LSU might win: Oregon State QB Derek Anderson didn't meet an interception he didn't like to throw and LSU's secondary will be drooling to make the big play. Without RB Steven Jackson, OSU needs Anderson, its best offensive talent, to come through with a huge performance; that's asking a lot out of the streaky passer. The Beaver O line is very good, but it's going to have a hard time protecting the relatively immobile Anderson against the onslaught of the Tiger blitz.
                        Who to watch: Two of the nation's best defensive ends will be on display as Oregon State's Bill Swancutt and LSU's Marcus Spears will need to be accounted for on every play. Swancutt has 25.5 career sacks and could single-handedly disrupt everything the LSU passing game tries to do. Spears made eight sacks last year and should force Anderson to hurry at least a few throws. The words pick six could come up a couple of times if these two ends have big games.

What will happen: LSU will win but it isn't going to be a blowout until late. Oregon State simply doesn't have the offensive weapons to keep up hoping its defense takes advantage of any mistakes the young LSU skill players make. It's LSU on national television in Death Valley at night; OSU has to overcome the early emotion. If it isn't 14-0 after the first ten minutes this should be a heck of a ball game.

Must See Rating: (5 lock yourself in a room to watch - 1 Plan Star Jones' wedding on The View) ... 4.5
                        Line: LSU -19
                        Fearless Prediction: LSU 31 ... Oregon State 13

Comment

• bradamerry
                          MC Maniac
                          • Jul 2004

All Tiger fans like that prediction!!!!

Comment

• mastercraft1995
                            TT Enthusiast
                            • Jul 2004

Well, well I'm from Oregon and as much as I hate to say it Derek Anderson will throw 5 picks and fumble twice in the game. 2 of his mistake's will be returned for TD's. The Beaver D is very good but with the Offense on the bench and the heat the Beav's are going to lose I hate to say it.

LSU 20
                            Derek Anderson 14
                            Total for LSU = 34

OSU 14 if special Teams returns one or Anderson get's luck and throws a bomb.
                            1995 ProStar 205

Comment

• bradamerry
                              MC Maniac
                              • Jul 2004

I would be happy for a Lsu=10 and Osu=9 game!!

Comment

• rem_p
                                TT Enthusiast
                                • Jul 2004

BC...you and Brad know how it is down in the south, friday nites watchin the local highschool, followed by watchin the SEC games on saturday...both games should be good ones this year...aub vs. tenn and aub vs. lsu....i cant wait...what about the auburn-tennessee game last year BC...good stuff huh? well anyway i cant wait till saturday....all day drinkin cold beer and cookin on the grill...then on too Jordan-Hare......

oh by the way BC....heres how all the locals sing rocky top....
                                ROCKY TOP YOU'LL NEVER BE HOME SWEET HOME TO ME, GOODBYE ROCKY TOP, GO TO HELL TENNESSEE, GO TO HELL TENNESSEE..

its all in good fun guys...i can dish it out and take it too...nothing personal
                                Last edited by rem_p; 09-01-2004, 08:53 PM.
                                79 Stars n Stripes....man shes turnin in to a money pit

Comment

Working...
                                X