X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KWSC
    TT Enthusiast
    • Aug 2013

Spoke with an Ilmor service tech - on the Prostar, the breather hole on the tstat is clocked to the rear of the boat.
    sigpic
    Kamloops Waterski Club
    www.kwsc.weebly.com

Comment

• Jcbiking
      TT Newbie
      • Nov 2014

I have been a bit frustrated as I have a 2016 X10 that I just changed the impeller on and I have started to overheat. I took it to a local marine shop and they reinstalled it. They said everything was good to go and I am still overheating. I have read things about thermostat's installed wrong etc. I have always been the owner of this boat and never touched the thermostat. It seems really strange that it would start now..just on the replacement of an impeller? Anybody have this issue? Many of the points in this thread touch on it, but most talk about getting the thermostat installed right, which does not apply to my problem.

Comment

• bloup101
        MC Fanatic
        • Sep 2018

2014 Ilmor 5.7 Overheating

How is the pressure relief valve opened (taken apart)? Do you need to remove the hose clamps to unscrew it?
        Is there an online retailer to buy this valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• KWSC
          TT Enthusiast
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Jcbiking View Post
          I have been a bit frustrated as I have a 2016 X10 that I just changed the impeller on and I have started to overheat. I took it to a local marine shop and they reinstalled it. They said everything was good to go and I am still overheating. I have read things about thermostat's installed wrong etc. I have always been the owner of this boat and never touched the thermostat. It seems really strange that it would start now..just on the replacement of an impeller? Anybody have this issue? Many of the points in this thread touch on it, but most talk about getting the thermostat installed right, which does not apply to my problem.
          could be lots of things - you'll have to give more description - ie overheat at idle or at speed?
          sigpic
          Kamloops Waterski Club
          www.kwsc.weebly.com

Comment

• KWSC
            TT Enthusiast
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by bloup101 View Post
            How is the pressure relief valve opened (taken apart)? Do you need to remove the hose clamps to unscrew it?

You don't need to remove the crimped hose clamps - just take one end off (the end the goes to the raw water pump is easiest) and then unscrew the male threads from the female valve. When you buy a new one just screw the hose back on both sides.
            sigpic
            Kamloops Waterski Club
            www.kwsc.weebly.com

Comment

• curver900
              MC Maniac
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by bloup101 View Post

buy another impeller from a reputable place no cheapy from ebay or amazon get one from skidim or the like... there have been many that the internal part spins out of the rubber part...
              also make sure you don't have any derbies in there take off the rubber hose after the pump and going into the motor...
              if the only change was the impeller and nothing else changed then it is the impeller...

Comment

• lentiman
                TT Enthusiast
                • Sep 2011

Also, if you have a keyed impeller make sure the key is still in the shaft after changing the impeller. If the impeller spins freely w/o turning the pump pulley the key is out. I changed my impeller once in-place and the key fell out, unknown to me. Took it to the lake and it overheated after about 5 minutes. Now I take the whole water pump off every time I change the impeller to ensure the key stays in place.
                Pressure relief valve is easy to change and cheap. Discovered mine was not working and changed it this year. The springs corrode and fail, causing the valve to not work correctly.

Comment

• bloup101
                  MC Fanatic
                  • Sep 2018

Where can the pressure relief valve be procured?

Comment

Working...
                  X