Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-28-2021, 04:50 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2009 X14 - Sold: 78 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostar205 View Post
That is a great news story. I'd like to pick your brain about your experience with chasing down a bad ground. I have a 2002 X30 that has run flawless for 18 years (I am the original owner). Since the end of last summer, I've had a ground issue and I can not find it.

Who did you email at Indmar to get the wiring diagram, t-shooting guide? I did find one bad ground in one of the cannon plugs under the dash (10 AWG wire). I replaced that but the problem is still there.

My voltage gauge in the dash is bleeding off voltage as the boat is running.

Thoughts??

Maybe we could move this conversation to private messages?
I just went to indmar.com and hit their customer support page, which had a link to email them. Keep in mind, this is only for the motor and doesn't include anything outside of that. I used a volt/ohm meter to trace wires up behind the helm to make sure those were good. I'm still lost on all the crap behind there, lol! Mine has the vdig with all gauges on the CANBUS, so I don't know how different it is to yours. I was fully prepared to replace all the gauges if I needed to.

Mastercraft, on the other hand, has yet to respond to my request with anything useful. Their [stupid] support system sucks, and despite me being very clear that I was looking to purchase the service manual and not the owners manual (in exact words), they sent me a link to the owner's manual. Even after I re-iterated what I was after, they're not helpful.
Old 05-28-2021, 05:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, 19 Skier, 1977, 351W
This is a great story and it sounds like you have the skills to pull it off. Of course we all are waiting for pics and the condition of the rest of the boat. Also, keep in mind that there will be a lot of suggestions that you use items that are marine approved, especially on the fuel system. I bet you got nervous when you discovered it had water in the fuel tank. Hope this works out and hope you got a heck of a deal.
Old 05-28-2021, 10:18 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Achilles sg124
Wow your fuel pump setup looks awesome.
Old 05-29-2021, 09:17 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 Prostar 197 LY6
Great work Sir! Can't wait to see the boat.
Old 05-29-2021, 09:41 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2019 X22, '18 NXT22, '06 X30
Very cool story!! Can we see some more pictures of the boat?

I'm sure you know but in this market you could get a months use out of her and resale her for probably 2x the amount of money you have into her. Another cat on here did a couple 2 or 3 project boats and then had enough money to buy or put a hefty down payment on a new boat. But heck you may want to keep her for a long time.
Old 05-29-2021, 10:10 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002, X30, L-18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar694u View Post
I just went to indmar.com and hit their customer support page, which had a link to email them. Keep in mind, this is only for the motor and doesn't include anything outside of that. I used a volt/ohm meter to trace wires up behind the helm to make sure those were good. I'm still lost on all the crap behind there, lol! Mine has the vdig with all gauges on the CANBUS, so I don't know how different it is to yours. I was fully prepared to replace all the gauges if I needed to.

Mastercraft, on the other hand, has yet to respond to my request with anything useful. Their [stupid] support system sucks, and despite me being very clear that I was looking to purchase the service manual and not the owners manual (in exact words), they sent me a link to the owner's manual. Even after I re-iterated what I was after, they're not helpful.
I went to the Indmar site and found that link to their customer support. I emailed them requesting the wiring diagram for my engine (8.1L) and within 30 minutes I had it in my email box. Amazing customer service. The person at Indmar even gave me some advice based on the problem I described.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:15 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2009 X14 - Sold: 78 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostar205 View Post
I went to the Indmar site and found that link to their customer support. I emailed them requesting the wiring diagram for my engine (8.1L) and within 30 minutes I had it in my email box. Amazing customer service. The person at Indmar even gave me some advice based on the problem I described.
That's fantastic! Was it Larry?
Old 06-01-2021, 11:46 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002, X30, L-18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar694u View Post
That's fantastic! Was it Larry?

Yes, Larry Engelbert. Very helpful.
Old 06-01-2021, 12:07 PM
MC Addict

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Great story and heck of a project come to life!
Been over 15 years ago now, but I had an issue with a used, out of warranty, purchased private party Mastercraft. Our first boat.
Indmar was not only helpful and accessible. Literally walking through my troubleshooting Id done. But also came to the table and helped me out with the cost of a new ECM because they backed their product and the issue after full diagnosis pointed straight to a defective ECM.
Kudos to Indmar and what used to be MC of AZ!

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 06-01-2021, 07:50 PM
MC Addict

Boat: '13 x10 with 6.0 and '93 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
awesome find in that boat and glad she's in great hands!

need some picture!