• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mogre33
    TT Newbie
    • Oct 2018

Lead bag placement

Hello all. I currently own a 2015 X20. I absolutely love this boat. I have discovered that this boat with 4 adults or more provides the best surf wake for this boat. When I have less than 4 adults, it doesn't quite give the push you need. I am contemplating buying a set of lead bags to help supplement the weight when we have fewer than 4 adults on the boat. I'm just curious as to where the best location is to place the bags? 1 in each rear locker? 1 on either side under rear seats? or both towards the bow? The bags I am looking at are 50 lbs each. Any suggestions or personal experience would be greatly appreciated.
  • snork
    MC Maniac
    • Jul 2007

oh hell, 800# or none, distributed evenly mid boat and back

Comment

• LDA6339
      MC Maniac
      • May 2016

Do it, it will only make your wave better when you add friends. We have 400lbs of lead in ours.
      2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

• XC500mod
        MC Fanatic
        • Sep 2015

get the lead and play with it.

I have 800 lbs for my x22. the wave is insane with the right placement of the lead.

these boats love to be listed with weight as far back in the surfside corner as possible. I keep 200 lbs free that I put on the surf side transom seat.

your x20 rides a little bow high when surfing so you'll have to play with it.

Comment

• kadam75
          TT Regular
          • Feb 2014

So I have a 2016 X20 that I just put 500# in earlier this season. I currently went with 300# in the back and 200# up front. I definitely noticed a big improvement with the bow rise and the wave has tons of push now. I'm a big guy and definitely not riding a board meant for big guys and I have a much easier time surfing now. I also generally have a lighter crew with me.
          2016 Mastercraft X-20
          2006 Mastercraft X-15 (sold)

Comment

• John Johnson
            MC Devotee
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by kadam75 View Post
            So I have a 2016 X20 that I just put 500# in earlier this season. I currently went with 300# in the back and 200# up front. I definitely noticed a big improvement with the bow rise and the wave has tons of push now. I'm a big guy and definitely not riding a board meant for big guys and I have a much easier time surfing now. I also generally have a lighter crew with me.
            I just ordered some lead to replace a floor bag. Anyone know how long shipping takes on these from Lead Wake?

Comment

Working...
            X