Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 07-01-2019, 09:11 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2007 X30
Thank you !!!
Old 07-23-2019, 03:21 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 X2
Sent a PM. Thanks Erik.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X45, 2004 X30
Question for the group, is there any benefit to adding timers if I donít have them? I have an Ď06 x45 without timers but I think the wiring for them is there. To my knowledge MC added them in 2007, although I could be wrong. Just wondering if I should add them for safety in case someone forgets to shut them off.

For the record, I have piggyback rear bags on top of factory tanks and upgraded Jabsco ballast King pumps.

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2019, 12:39 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft 2007 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kecusc View Post
Question for the group, is there any benefit to adding timers if I donít have them? I have an Ď06 x45 without timers but I think the wiring for them is there. To my knowledge MC added them in 2007, although I could be wrong. Just wondering if I should add them for safety in case someone forgets to shut them off.

For the record, I have piggyback rear bags on top of factory tanks and upgraded Jabsco ballast King pumps.

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you have a relay system that works well, I would stick with that.

2007 was the first year of ballast timers. 2006 and before used a box of relays to control the pumps without any timing ability.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:25 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 x2
I'm guessing from the recent posts, this is still the way to go. I've had an 08 X2 for 4 years now, and while the system has always been a little flaky, I've been able to use it. I replaced the impellers at the end of the season last year and tried to use the system for the first time this year and only had one pump that would fill. Two others ran for 2 seconds and quit. So I decided to not surf, and then couldn't get the one pump to run on empty. Ended up turning pump around and running on fill to empty the tank to get back to dock. I also had some battery issues too, so maybe the voltage variations along with current draw with new impellers has me all messed up?
At any rate, this looks like a good option for me. tr6coug, I assume you are still doing this?
Old 07-30-2019, 02:13 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft 2007 X2 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willski View Post
I'm guessing from the recent posts, this is still the way to go. I've had an 08 X2 for 4 years now, and while the system has always been a little flaky, I've been able to use it. I replaced the impellers at the end of the season last year and tried to use the system for the first time this year and only had one pump that would fill. Two others ran for 2 seconds and quit. So I decided to not surf, and then couldn't get the one pump to run on empty. Ended up turning pump around and running on fill to empty the tank to get back to dock. I also had some battery issues too, so maybe the voltage variations along with current draw with new impellers has me all messed up?
At any rate, this looks like a good option for me. tr6coug, I assume you are still doing this?
Yup, just PM me. Reprogramming will take care of the problems you're having with the timers.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:40 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X2 350 MCX
I would like to thank Erik for a great service. I had to ship the timers all the way from Poland, so to be able to enjoy them this summer it was imperative for the programming to take as little time as possible.

Eric managed to reprogram the timers on the same day he got them, so just a few days later I already had them back in Poland. The total turnaround with Poland - US - Poland shipping was just 10 days or so. Perfect!