• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • #47of100TeamMC
    MC Fanatic
    • Sep 2004

Tower/NO Tower Bimini

I have to believe I am not the only person that has wished for a Bimini on their boat all the time, while still having the option of having the tower On or Off.

I trailer my boat to and from the local lakes. During the week I keep my tower off the boat, hanging it from the ceiling of my garage. This makes it easier and faster to just back the boat in and out of the garage without having to raise and lower the tower when you only have a few hours after work to go skiing. On the weekends we normally put the tower on so we have more room in the boat by getting skis and such off the floor. In both of these situations we still would like to have a bimini to block the sun and keep us a little cooler.

Has anyone every seen or heard of a dual application Bimini top that would be usable in both situations? I was thinking on my tower the lower portion (lined in blue on the picture below) stays put when the upper portion is removed. Is there anyway a bimini could be retro-fit to be attached to this lower tubular member? Thus working both when the Upper Tower portion is there or Not there?

Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by #47of100TeamMC; 01-16-2008, 11:20 AM.
    2002 ProStar197 Tournament Team Edition (yes it's Red)
    *LQ9, Powerslot,Perfect Pass,Zero Flex tower,Heater
  • 03 35th Anniversary
    MC Devotee
    • Feb 2007

Mine is mounted to the lower part of the tower like that. Give me a minute and I will post a pic.

Comment

• pram
      MC Devotee
      • Mar 2005

I had the bimini on my last boat attached to the lower portion on the tower only. Worked good
      I live in my own little world. But it's OK - They know me here

MONKEY FACE
      sigpic

Comment

• 03 35th Anniversary
        MC Devotee
        • Feb 2007

Here it is kinda hard to see.

Comment

• #47of100TeamMC
          MC Fanatic
          • Sep 2004

Awesome, Now for the million dollar question... Where did you get the setup from? is it a Mastercraft Bimini and mounts? Does Tower Bimini's do this sort of attachment?
          2002 ProStar197 Tournament Team Edition (yes it's Red)
          *LQ9, Powerslot,Perfect Pass,Zero Flex tower,Heater

Comment

• BrianM
            MC Addict
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by 03 35th Anniversary
            Here it is kinda hard to see.

Not only do you have a tower on that beautiful boat but you beach it too! I'm calling my local chapter of PETAm (People for the Ethical Treatment of Anniversary Mastercrafts) as I type this.
            Last edited by BrianM; 01-16-2008, 11:54 AM.
            sigpic

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Comment

• 03 35th Anniversary
              MC Devotee
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by #47of100TeamMC
              Awesome, Now for the million dollar question... Where did you get the setup from? is it a Mastercraft Bimini and mounts? Does Tower Bimini's do this sort of attachment?
              I can tell you this much it's not a MasterCraft Binimi. Texas MasterCraft use a guy in Dallas that does these and that where it came from. But I don't know the name off hand. The MasterCraft binimi was $$$$$$ this was the samething just alot cheaper.

Comment

• 88 PS190
                MC Addict
                • Aug 2005

Looks like just a standard bimini the mount is screwed into the aluminum of the tower instead of the fiberglass below, you'd then order the height how you want it.

Comment

• flipper
                  MC Addict
                  • Mar 2005

I just put on a regular one out of overtons mounted to the boat, and it fits with my tower.
                  Lots of power is good, more is better, too much is just right.

'91 prostar 190

Comment

Working...
                  X