• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MC25
    MC Master Poster
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
    I think this is going to happen eventually. Its getting harder and harder to justify the cost of these boats. As much as I want to upgrade, its very hard to justify $140K for a one trick pony boat.
    I can’t imagine having this logic when you can justify 300k for a center console lol
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Jerseydave
      TT Hero
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jgraham37128 View Post
      Just look at center console boats if you want sticker shock....
      I shopped new center consoles too but the girlfriend hates them! Hard to justify dropping $100K on a single outboard 25 footer. If I take up fishing in the future I can get 18' used CC and just putt putt down the bay 2 miles to a great fishing spot!

I also can't see spending over $100K for an outboard runabout (4 Winns, Regal, Cobalt, Crownline, etc.) At least those boats make the new MC's seem a little more realistic.
      I was njskier on here.

Comment

• Mastercraftdave
        MC Addict
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
        I can’t imagine having this logic when you can justify 300k for a center console lol

I can’t speak for all CCs but ours is alot more versatile than most. It’s great for deep sea fishing, cruising, day trips to local beaches and with the generator/cabin you can spend the night on it. The bed is quite comfy and it has a separate shower/head.

Boat prices in general are crazy.

On a contained lake, ski boat are awesome, but in our area along the gulf coast, ski boats have limitations.

Our CC is kept in Alabama so I’m working on trying to find a used one I can keep on the river for longer cruises to the near by islands and inshore fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hogwild
          MC Fanatic
          • Feb 2012

Any benefit of most Center Console’s other than offshore capability?

Comment

• moosehead
            MC Maniac
            • May 2015

^Clear walk-around with fishing poles no overhead impediment, off decks scupper drains leaving any water onboarded outta the bilge, ample freeboard and deep v for handling etc, most have sparse upholstery for handling the elements though that’s changing. I’m sure there’s more that the guys will chime in on.

Sooo, what’s the tag on this 24? Larry and others have undoubtedly called on it.
            Last edited by moosehead; 02-22-2020, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• MC25
              MC Master Poster
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
              I can’t speak for all CCs but ours is alot more versatile than most. It’s great for deep sea fishing, cruising, day trips to local beaches and with the generator/cabin you can spend the night on it. The bed is quite comfy and it has a separate shower/head.

Boat prices in general are crazy.

On a contained lake, ski boat are awesome, but in our area along the gulf coast, ski boats have limitations.

Our CC is kept in Alabama so I’m working on trying to find a used one I can keep on the river for longer cruises to the near by islands and inshore fishing.

Not everyone boats on the coast. When i see people in multi engine CC boats on the lakes I frequent, I can’t help but laugh. What a massive waste of money.
              Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
              2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
              For Sale:

Comment

• Jerseydave
                TT Hero
                • Jul 2004

I honestly don’t know the price of the X24, but it is a leftover and he’s willing to make a great deal

I was njskier on here.

Comment

• Thrall
                  MC Addict
                  • Jul 2004

Not everyone boats on the coast. When i see people in multi engine CC boats on the lakes I frequent, I can’t help but laugh. What a massive waste of money.
                  ^This.
                  No different than the guys with their Formulas and Eliminators on a lake that’s like only 10 miles long. But there’s an @ss for every seat, like my dad used to say... reference my comment about guido in his 5.3 x24 in another thread.

But in fairness looking at the other side of the coin, there’s plenty of folks having fun behind a $10k IO that say the same thing about someone’s kid learning to wakeboard behind a $100k MC.
                  '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

• moosehead
                    MC Maniac
                    • May 2015

Kinda like the donk trucks with huge lifts and rubber band tires.

I kid, I kid.

Comment

• MC25
                      MC Master Poster
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                      Kinda like the donk trucks with huge lifts and rubber band tires.

I kid, I kid.
                      At least I use them to their max capacity. Unlike the dude bro’s in massive center consoles on lakes in north Texas. Lol.
                      Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                      For Sale:

Comment

Working...
                      X