• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Magnumb
    TT Regular
    • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Zrlee View Post
    Finally able to get it in the water! Everything worked flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congrats! How was it compared to previous boats for ya?

Also, nice tow vehicle.

Comment

• eecyclone
      MC Devotee
      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by eecyclone View Post
      Has anyone added extra ballast to their XT22? Upgraded rear bags, additional ballast up front, lead, etc.? I only have ~6 people out most days and it seems like it can handle a lot more weight considering the swim platform is barely touching the water

A quick update- I added 400 lbs of lead that I had in my X2. 200 lbs spread around the bow, 100 lbs under the observer seat, 50 lbs under each of the back corner cushions. To be honest it didn’t seem to make much difference in the wake, even with the ballast full. I have another 200 lbs I can put in the boat but beyond that I’m hoping I can fit bigger bags in the rear lockers.

With stock ballast full is anyone’s swim platforms submerged? With my 08 X2 loaded the swim platform was about 6” under water.

'18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
      (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
      '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
      www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

• Magnumb
        TT Regular
        • Mar 2018

A quick update- I added 400 lbs of lead that I had in my X2. 200 lbs spread around the bow, 100 lbs under the observer seat, 50 lbs under each of the back corner cushions. To be honest it didn’t seem to make much difference in the wake, even with the ballast full. I have another 200 lbs I can put in the boat but beyond that I’m hoping I can fit bigger bags in the rear lockers.

With stock ballast full is anyone’s swim platforms submerged? With my 08 X2 loaded the swim platform was about 6” under water.

Re: swim platform - Ours is under water about 4”-6” with full ballast

Comment

• haroldbrogers
          TT Enthusiast
          • Sep 2010

Did any of you have issues with the Bluetooth staying connected on system? Mine worked fine, then lost connection and couldn't get it back. Also when I plug into USB my phone asks if I want to allow access to data, but never connect so I can ply Pandora or Spotify through it. It will charge phone though. Other than that I get good bass, where others have stated they did not. Overall really happy with the boat.

Comment

• Zrlee
            TT Enthusiast
            • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Magnumb View Post
            Congrats! How was it compared to previous boats for ya?

Also, nice tow vehicle.

Thanks! I can only compare it to the NXT22 we had before. Features of the premium audio dual screen setup were amazing! So many new features for us. Love the hinged seat bottoms. Tower and board rack so much nicer. Can def tell it’s a much heavier boat. Wave will take some time to dial in but overall we love it.

Comment

• Zrlee
              TT Enthusiast
              • Jul 2016

Anyone having any issues with air and water temps? Seems my air temp always reads about 6-8deg higher and water temp is closer to 15deg higher. Temps were reading 88/85 Sunday. Actual air temp was around 80 and water temp was 70 at best.

Comment

• JTNG
                TT Enthusiast
                • Jun 2009

This is the message I got from my dealer. Haven't got the biducer yet, dealer has ordered it.
                He is supposed to send me instructions on moving the Air Temp sensor, and replacing the biducer. Once I have them I will post info.

Go ahead and order a biducer to correct the water temp issue.

The air temp has been known to be inaccurate due to it's location under the helm. You can try relocating it, but I don't think replacing it will have any effect.

Comment

• JTNG
                  TT Enthusiast
                  • Jun 2009

Also, sitting in my shop, the air and water temps read correctly, only happens when im out on the lake.

Comment

• CottagerGreg
                    MC Maniac
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Magnumb View Post
                    New pic. New boat launch is going in tomorrow. Until then, it’s sitting dockside. It wasnt me that put those bumps on like that
                    This colour scheme is fantastic! Love the red seats too!
                    2017 Mastercraft XT21- Black & Calypso Green Flake and Coolfeel interior

2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star SOLD

1981 J-craft 19 long deck ski boat w/200 Mercury Black Max (the gas guzzler)

2018 Audi Q7 Technik Navarra Blue with S-Line, Black Optics, Luxury package, advanced driver assistance, Audi Sport 21" wheels, tow hitch

Comment

• Magnumb
                      TT Regular
                      • Mar 2018

Just a couple more photos

Towing the old boat lift away.

Comment

• Magnumb
                        TT Regular
                        • Mar 2018

Originally posted by CottagerGreg View Post
                        This colour scheme is fantastic! Love the red seats too!
                        TY! It seems to sparkle pretty good on the water! Every boat looks better wet

Comment

• PNWMasternut
                          TT Enthusiast
                          • Mar 2018

Update here on the Acme props for the XT22.. the Acme 3155 really makes the XT22 with 5000 motor jump out of the water, no cavitation at all, only see 1 - 1 1/2 mph loss on top end, but surf rpm dropped 200. Spoke with Todd at Acme and he confirmed that the 3155 (15” diameter)would be a good choice and if the XT22 can accommodate a 15 1/2” diameter, he suggests the Acme 2919. He stated that the 2919 would provide even better hole shot and lower surf rpm by another 100. Not sure though if I can get a 15 1/2” diameter prop on the XT22 and still maintain the 1” hull clearance they prefer. My boat is in the water and didn’t have a chance to pull it out to verify. Anyway, just wanted to pass this on....

Comment

• eecyclone
                            MC Devotee
                            • Oct 2014

Any idea if the 5500 uses the same prop as the 5000?
                            '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
                            (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
                            '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
                            www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

• PNWMasternut
                              TT Enthusiast
                              • Mar 2018

Any idea if the 5500 uses the same prop as the 5000?
                              It should be the same

Comment

• 214skier
                                TT Regular
                                • Nov 2010

I am considering (strong emphasis on maybe) an upgrade. Definite family interest in a larger boat (we would be moving from a PS214). I ski 34 off.:. Anyone short line this beast and care to give me your feedback ?

Comment

Working...
                                X