Clear All
  • mikeg205
    MC Master Poster
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by slalomjunkie View Post
    There, I fixed it for you
    Bwuhahaha.. you just forget ur advanced age..[emoji868][emoji109]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• slalomjunkie
      MC Maniac
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
      Bwuhahaha.. you just forget ur advanced age..[emoji868][emoji109]

Only trying to catch you and Tom Murtha
      The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

• mikeg205
        MC Master Poster
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by slalomjunkie View Post
        Only trying to catch you and Tom Murtha
        Bwuhahaha

sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• moosehead
          MC Maniac
          • May 2015

‘19 Prostar + Carpeted Taperflex = bringing sand to the beach.

Heal fast, heck I’d send you a few skiis to get back out there and test drive when ur ready.

Comment

• twh67
            TT Newbie
            • May 2020

Originally posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
            Holy moly! My dad skied a Taperflex. The top was like a mosaic of bright shapes. Very 1970. Mom skied a Hook. Those were the days.. They are 80 now and it's time for you to nail that old ski to a wall and DEMO some new skis! The newer skis are way different than what you had. They want to be on edge. It will take some getting used to and worth the patience and adjusting it will take from you.
            Did it look like this?
            Attached Files

Comment

• chrislandy
              MC Fanatic
              • Sep 2012

Thats almost as bright as my O'Brien Bandit!

The Katana and Butterknife are supposed to be good (the latter being a freeski mono rather than course ski)

To be fair, any ski is an upgrade, when I went from my old Kidder RLComp to a D3 it's like skiing in a different universe!

Comment

• neil.anderson63
                MC Maniac
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by twh67 View Post
                Did it look like this?
                Yes, that is it. The rear toe piece had carpet with s piece of foam that would fall out.
                Don't throw that thing away, put it on a wall!
                If you don't want it, I DO!
                Last edited by neil.anderson63; 08-09-2020, 09:25 AM.
                Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

• 88 PS190
                  MC Addict
                  • Aug 2005

Originally posted by chrislandy View Post
                  The Katana and Butterknife are supposed to be good (the latter being a freeski mono rather than course ski)!
                  The Katana and the Butterknife share a shape called the Bent Vee platform - essentially they have a huge flat spot "relative to other skis" and a side cut edge such that it is really hard to force them onto the tail and really hard to force them onto the tip. Consider those balance boards with a ball under them - only instead of a ball it is a ball with a flat spot. You really want to rock back to get them onto the tail.

For this reason they are great for learning because they "force" you to stand over the right part of the ski - if you purposefully try to not stand there it be unpleasant.

For comparison the Union, Senate, Vapor share a shape - but this shape lacks the large flat spot so when you ride one your body position becomes more important because they will let you stand in different places on the ski - but as they get narrower they're less supportive.

Comment

• kwoody51
                    MC Fanatic
                    • Oct 2015

I just posted a super nice 2015 radar vapor for sale. It’s a hell of a ski and doesn’t hunt at all. Will let you ride it straight with ease as long as you want and then carve like crazy when you are ready to turn!

Comment

• twh67
                      TT Newbie
                      • May 2020

Finally got up to the lake during the week, when I ski. Bought a Radar Session early this spring and works great. Much wider than my old Taperflex and no wiggle left to right. Might have to go over 30 as at 30 felt dragging a bit. Only two people in the boat. My guess is with the wide ski and my 200 pounds, need a few more MPH

Comment

• madcityskier
                        MC Devotee
                        • Sep 2008

What lake? We're on Kegonsa if you get in the area hit me up.
                        I spent most of my money on booze, broads and boats. The rest I wasted. - Elmore Leonard
                        I had always thought that there was nothing quite so sad as an abandoned boat.-Terry Hayes

Comment

Working...
                        X