Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-04-2016, 02:03 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2013 X-2
Extended warranty for 2013 X-2

I have the option to purchase and extended warranty for my 2013 X-2. It's pretty costly at about $2500.00 but covers many things that the original warranty does not cover. Is it worth the purchase price for an additional 3 years of pretty complete coverage? I already had one surf tab cylinder that had to be replaced. Should I expect the other two to need replacing in the next three years? We boat about 50-60 hours a summer. We surf, ski and cruise. We are in fresh water, and take exceptional care of our boat. That said things do seem to break on their own. I'd really appreciate any advice because it's an expensive boat to maintain as it is, and the extended warranty is quite expensive. I don't know if it isn't worth just paying for repairs that might come up or purchase the warranty in advance that should cover pretty much everything for the next 3 years. I have to decide soon, so please write back any advice quickly. This is my 1st inboard so I really don't know what to expect in terms of general repairs outside of regular service and storage.
Thanks for your advice and opinions!
Carole
Old 06-04-2016, 03:21 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X-10 6.0
My opinion, as I have a 2013 as well. I declined the extended warranty. My thoughts on this were by time the factory warranty ran out all your minor bugs/defects should be worked out by now. (I had a strut fail within the 1st 25 hours, etc). $2,500 is some serious coin, you may/may not get your money's worth. Yes stuff will always break its the nature of the game but $2,500 worth? With the exception of engine or tranny I figured any repairs hopefully would be less then the $2,500 extended warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
2013, extended warranty, warranty advice, x-2