Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2019, 02:38 AM
TT Regular

Boat: X25
Tried this recipe and it was delicious:

https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/...pot-beef-stew/
Old 07-02-2019, 11:15 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
I tried a new Instapot recipe last night (tweaked) and it came out phenomenal ... from the time I took the chicken out of the fridge until it was ready to plate was 40 minutes. I have fallen in love with the ease and simplicity of use of the Instapot!!! This might be my new favorite chicken dish too.

Instapot Creamy Chicken Marsala Pasta

Ingredients:
4 TBS salted butter
1 Ĺ large white onion, diced
16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2 pounds chicken breast, diced into small chunks, lightly salt & pepper
1 Ĺ TBS crushed garlic
2.5 cups chicken broth
2 cups Marsala wine (either cooking or sweet)
8.5 ounce jar sun dried tomatoes + 2-3 TBS of oil from the jar
1 pound (1 box) Farfalle (bowtie pasta)
ľ cup heavy cream or half & half
1.5 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping if desired

Note: it is best to have all ingredients prepared before starting the Instapot (chopped/sliced) as most steps do not allow time to prepare next addition before it is needed.

Instructions:
1. Add butter to Instapot. Hit Sautť or Adjust so its on the more or high setting and wait until butter is melted and bubbles.
2. Add diced onion & sliced mushrooms and cook 3-5 minutes, until the mushrooms have softened and browned a bit
3. Then, add in chopped chicken and 2-3 TBS of oil from the sun-dried tomatoes (but NOT the tomatoes themselves) and cook for another 3-5 minutes until the chicken is lightly white in color (but not fully cooked).
4. Toss in crushed garlic and cook 1-2 more minutes, then add the Marsala wine and let simmer for 1-2 minutes. Deglaze (scrape) the bottom of the pot while doing so.
5. Add in the broth and stir together well.
6. Pour in the Farfalle so itís laying on top of the broth, gently smoothing and pushing it down with a spatula so itís submerged, but DO NOT stir it with the rest of the broth mixture. (Itís okay if some of the Farfalle is peaking above the liquid).
7. Secure the lid and hit manual or pressure cook high pressure for 7-8 minutes. Quick release the steam when done and give it all a good stir.
8. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, the heavy cream and the parmesan. Let sit for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and it will thicken up into an incredible sauce, coating all the pasta perfectly.
9. Transfer to a serving bowl, plate it up and sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese if desired.

Total prep and cooking time ~40 minutes
Serving size for 7-8 people

(Edit: after the fact, I thought about how great it would have been to add in 3-4 slices of chopped bacon when adding in the sun-dried tomatoes)
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2019, 08:38 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Keep em coming!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :