Replacement back seat for 1989 Prostar 190

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement back seat for 1989 Prostar 190

I'm needing a replacement back seat for my 1989 Prostar 190. Previous owner removed it and I need to put one back in.
  • rjracin240
    TT Enthusiast
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by tjones View Post
    I'm needing a replacement back seat for my 1989 Prostar 190. Previous owner removed it and I need to put one back in.
    Must have had the same PO as mine. Mine was removed and a seat made out of 2X4's and sheetrock screws was put in its place!

Will be watching your thread with interest.

Comment

• Jim@BAWS
      MC Addict
      • Aug 2004

All you can do is borrow one from someone to have a duplicate made. NLA from MasterCraft

Jim@BAWS
      James (Jim) Kranendonk Pres-BAWS
      Tampa Bay's Exclusive MasterCraft Dealer

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
      (813) 996-BAWS (2297)

Comment

• thatsmrmastercraft
        MC Master Poster
        • Sep 2008

They show up once in a while at http://www.ski-it-again.com/

There is one for my boat on there right now, but its not in the boat budget. Will just have to make one when the time is right.
        CUSTOM WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES
        sigpic

CUSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
        REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $350 DELIVERED
        REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $549 DELIVERED
        Email - [email protected]

Comment

• Plave
          TT Enthusiast
          • Jun 2009

I never use mine from my 1990, shipping from the UK might be an issue.

Comment

• Abe
            TT Enthusiast
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Plave View Post
            I never use mine from my 1990, shipping from the UK might be an issue.
            If Your sellin it Plave give me a shout, I,am in the UK

Comment

• Plave
              TT Enthusiast
              • Jun 2009

Well I don't use mine at all but if they're seemingly hard to come by I'm probably better keeping it ready for when it's sold.

Are they that hard to source?

Comment

• Starshack
                TT Enthusiast
                • Jul 2009

I had an 89 PS and the back seat was a nuisance. I sold the boat but I was going to build a platform 5 or 6 inches high and then cover it with carpet. A good upholstery shop could then make you a nice drop in seat to go on top to match existing uphostery. The original design is terrible as there is no firm base unlike my 92 PS.

Comment

• Abe
                  TT Enthusiast
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Starshack View Post
                  I had an 89 PS and the back seat was a nuisance. I sold the boat but I was going to build a platform 5 or 6 inches high and then cover it with carpet. A good upholstery shop could then make you a nice drop in seat to go on top to match existing uphostery. The original design is terrible as there is no firm base unlike my 92 PS.
                  Spot on There Starshack, The design is Terrible. Just a big bulky seat that's not even comfy, The Actual cushion you sit on just slides of when there are a few people on board, Its not comfortable either as it sits very close to the floor.

I,ve designed mine so its raised to a comfy level and had Velcro bits in between to keep the cushion in place.

If I didn't have a rear seat, I would certainly not be looking for an original but make my own. But then I do have the benefit of knowing that rear seat is a bad design.

Comment

• Starshack
                    TT Enthusiast
                    • Jul 2009

Yes - I suggest those prior owners did not just remove the seat as it probably self destructed in place - everyone steps on it wet off the platform and it had no structural integrity - Nautiques have the carpeted bench with a removable seat on top and it seems to work well and my 92 PS has a structural base with a seat on top which has held up well. I think the early years the seat design was an afterthought as most boats were used by serious tournament skiers.

Comment

Working...
                    X