Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-18-2020, 12:20 PM
SavageScott's Avatar
SavageScott SavageScott is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Boat: 2016 X26 - Sold
Location: Midwest
Posts: 98
Best 23'-24' Surf Boat for $80K - $100K

Have a friend looking.... What's the absolute best surf boat one could get for around $80K? Prefer MC, but would consider other brands. What if the number increased to $100K?

While surf wave is the top priority, other features like interior layout/comfort, sound system, etc. are certainly important.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-18-2020, 12:28 PM
SurfIowa SurfIowa is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Boat: 2018 X23
Location: Midwest
Posts: 8
We all have our biases here, but he/she could get into a 2015-16 X23 for under $100k. The X23 created revolutionary changes to wake surfing and makes a nice wave. The Nautiques in that same age are also legit. Stick to the X series (over the NXT and XT) if surfing is a high priority.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-18-2020, 02:08 PM
moosehead's Avatar
moosehead moosehead is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2015
Boat: 20 X22 6.2L GDI, '15 X10 6.0L
Location: Mountain West
Posts: 3,664
2015-2016 X30 with plug and play 820-1100 lb bags in the rear lockers.

2015-2016 X23.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-18-2020, 02:42 PM
SavageScott's Avatar
SavageScott SavageScott is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Boat: 2016 X26 - Sold
Location: Midwest
Posts: 98
Looking through Boat Trader, etc., looks like moving up to $120K-ish can get a 2018 X23. Worth the extra $$?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-18-2020, 02:45 PM
stuartjr stuartjr is online now
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Boat: 2019 X22
Location: Southeast
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageScott View Post
Looking through Boat Trader, etc., looks like moving up to $120K-ish can get a 2018 X23. Worth the extra $$?
I would avoid the Klipsch era X23 which I believe is the 2018....just my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-18-2020, 02:47 PM
Wheelin98TJ's Avatar
Wheelin98TJ Wheelin98TJ is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Boat: 2005 XStar, 2020 Crest
Location: Devils Lake
Posts: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageScott View Post
Looking through Boat Trader, etc., looks like moving up to $120K-ish can get a 2018 X23. Worth the extra $$?
Our local dealer had a new 2018 X23 at the beginning of the year for $119k.

Crazy how the market has changed.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-18-2020, 03:02 PM
SavageScott's Avatar
SavageScott SavageScott is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Boat: 2016 X26 - Sold
Location: Midwest
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjr View Post
I would avoid the Klipsch era X23 which I believe is the 2018....just my opinion.
Just because of the audio?

Doesn't the 2018 get you dual screen and side-side switching, maybe dockstar?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-18-2020, 03:14 PM
GoPokes GoPokes is online now
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Boat: 2016 X30
Location: South
Posts: 40
I have a 2016 X30 I may be willing to let go of if I can find a X24 available.
__________________
2016 X30
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-18-2020, 03:38 PM
stuartjr stuartjr is online now
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Boat: 2019 X22
Location: Southeast
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageScott View Post
Just because of the audio?

Doesn't the 2018 get you dual screen and side-side switching, maybe dockstar?
Dual screen yes, but in my opinion its not worth the money. I have the dual screen in my 19 X22 and probably would not get it again. Lots of threads on Klipsch so I won't beat that dead horse other than to say the general consensus is its a step down from JL. Again I'm not suggesting there are issues with the 18, just that I would not pay extra money just to get an 18. As far as I know, the side to side switching is not available on the X23 no matter the year. That came out with the newer hulls. Dockstar was available before 18 as well.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-18-2020, 05:15 PM
Mastercraftdave's Avatar
Mastercraftdave Mastercraftdave is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 4,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjr View Post
Dual screen yes, but in my opinion its not worth the money. I have the dual screen in my 19 X22 and probably would not get it again. Lots of threads on Klipsch so I won't beat that dead horse other than to say the general consensus is its a step down from JL. Again I'm not suggesting there are issues with the 18, just that I would not pay extra money just to get an 18. As far as I know, the side to side switching is not available on the X23 no matter the year. That came out with the newer hulls. Dockstar was available before 18 as well.
I have the ability to switch from side to side with my boat. I got the update for the screen and it had this ability.

It works pretty good.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 PM.


2020