X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HDAVIS
    TT Enthusiast
    • Nov 2007

Had same problem in May. Called PP. There was an upgrade at Garman. You can either send them your puck and they will replace at no charge or just buy a new one from them. That is what I did

Comment

• blackhawk
      MC Devotee
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by HDAVIS View Post
      Had same problem in May. Called PP. There was an upgrade at Garman. You can either send them your puck and they will replace at no charge or just buy a new one from them. That is what I did
      How long does it take to get the replacement when you send your old one back?
      We defy the mafia!

Comment

• HDAVIS
        TT Enthusiast
        • Nov 2007

I think it was just a mail back and forth issue. I chose just to buy a new puck because I was going to have to dismantle my dash. I just unplugged to old one and mounted the new under the front of my 190 and plugged it in. Just left the old one there.

Comment

• bret
          MC Devotee
          • Aug 2004

European Galileo satellites have been having some outages, its been going on for about 4-5 days. Depending on which satellites PP tracks, this could be the problem.

Some of these satellites are used in different dynamic positioning as well and there is an alert to NOT USE right now.

Presently, GPS has 31 of 31 satellites healthy

The four global GNSS systems are – GPS (US), GLONASS (Russia), Galileo (EU), BeiDou (China). Additionally, there are two regional systems – QZSS (Japan) and IRNSS or NavIC (India)

So this is related to GARMIN Upgrade off GPS(US) system? I was typing this, got called away and then hit reply before seeing your earlier post
          Last edited by bret; 07-17-2019, 08:07 AM.
          1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

• CrashCourse316
            MC Fanatic
            • Jun 2018

Originally posted by bret View Post
            European Galileo satellites have been having some outages, its been going on for about 4-5 days. Depending on which satellites PP tracks, this could be the problem.

Some of these satellites are used in different dynamic positioning as well and there is an alert to NOT USE right now.

Presently, GPS has 31 of 31 satellites healthy

The four global GNSS systems are – GPS (US), GLONASS (Russia), Galileo (EU), BeiDou (China). Additionally, there are two regional systems – QZSS (Japan) and IRNSS or NavIC (India)

So this is related to GARMIN Upgrade off GPS(US) system? I was typing this, got called away and then hit reply before seeing your earlier post

10/10 Russian interference
            Sam
            Email: [email protected]
            Boat: 2005 Maristar 280 SST Twin Crusader 375

Comment

• d2jp
              MC Devotee
              • Jun 2011

I noticed the same delay on mine, which was purchased and installed August 2018. It used to lock immediately and now takes a while.
              AND....This season, in addition to the delay it seems PP is 'hunting' more and not quite as precise at holding speed. Could this be related to the needed upgrade? Anyone else notice this or maybe since PP was new to me last fall, I just don't have that much time with it.
              Thanks!
              Last edited by d2jp; 07-17-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• HDAVIS
                TT Enthusiast
                • Nov 2007

Call PP. Either swap out puck or buy a new one from them. Should fix it

Comment

• tr6coug
                  MC Devotee
                  • Aug 2007

I emailed PP support and the attached file is what they responded with. So, I'll be sending my receiver in for an update at the end of the season.

I think this problem may be a result of the GPS week number rolling over back in April since the "Almanac data" PP mentions includes this number.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by tr6coug; 07-17-2019, 12:56 PM.
                  '07 Navy Blue X2 MCX
                  http://www.wakeblaster.com/
                  Ballast Timer Reprogramming Info
                  Timer Reprogramming Thread

Comment

• blackhawk
                    MC Devotee
                    • Jul 2013

tr6coug - Did you ever send out your puck to be reprogrammed? Just wondering how it went. I was getting ready to mail mine back to them.
                    We defy the mafia!

Comment

• d2jp
                      MC Devotee
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by blackhawk View Post
                      tr6coug - Did you ever send out your puck to be reprogrammed? Just wondering how it went. I was getting ready to mail mine back to them.
                      I talked to PP early in the season re: sending my puck back and planned to pull it and send in. Not sure if I just adjusted to it, or it self-corrected but midway through August it seemed to lock on very quickly. So much so that I forgot about pulling the puck when I winterized.

Comment

• tr6coug
                        MC Devotee
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by blackhawk View Post
                        Not yet, actually forgot about it until I saw this thread again. Thanks for the reminder. I'll put it on the list to do this weekend.
                        '07 Navy Blue X2 MCX
                        http://www.wakeblaster.com/
                        Ballast Timer Reprogramming Info
                        Timer Reprogramming Thread

Comment

• HDAVIS
                          TT Enthusiast
                          • Nov 2007

I had to send mine back. Had the problem AGAIN. PP said that in mid August Garmin had another issue. So this makes two times this year that Garmin had issues and I had to deal with it. Once in May and again in August. Just got it back a few days ago.

Comment

• Skyskiguy
                            MC Devotee
                            • May 2012

Not sure how I missed this thread the first time around - glad it popped up today! I noticed the delay this summer but figured it was something that might just have to work itself out. I just pulled my GPS puck and will be sending it off tomorrow. Gotta love Team Talk!

Comment

• HDAVIS
                              TT Enthusiast
                              • Nov 2007

Glad to help. Yeah, Team Talk has helped me also. Gives you ideas and suggestions and pointers you don’t get just anywhere. I frequently also call the dealership if unsure. Good folks at Rambo Marine. But also the dealership cant touch this type stuff. You are stuck. PP will not work with them on this type issue. They pretty much insist on only working with the customer on their lake.

Comment

• blackhawk
                                MC Devotee
                                • Jul 2013

I sent mine off yesterday. I wish PP would get a US mailing address. That is the only pain.
                                We defy the mafia!

Comment

Working...
                                X