Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-31-2021, 12:51 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: TBD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthom22 View Post
Thought I'd post this question here and bump this thread back to the top of the board...

Bought an '18 G21 this past winter so I could experience a G for at least a season. Pros and cons for sure after spending 40hrs or so on the water with it. A few things I absolutely love about the G. And a few I can't stand. Most likely I'll put it up for sale later this summer and see what happens.

I've posted questions about the XT21 before, and I keep coming back to it. For me, it checks all the boxes. While I've proudly claimed the right deal always exists on a slightly used one owner boat, with the market the way it is and the changes MC made to the XT line this year - this may be when I completely contradict myself (along with my admittedly smug and self-righteous opinion) and take the leap on a new XT21.

A few questions:

1) Will the changes on the XT23 and the new XT24 extend through the rest of the line? I love the progress toward a real walkthrough, the new tower design, the lounge seats (vs the flip up sunpad which was never my thing), locker trays over the bags, the new colors, etc. Hopefully those make it through to the XT21.

2) If I was to order new this fall, is it reasonable to expect my build to be ready for the spring? I know that sounds like a silly question - but I'm taking nothing for granted these days.

3) With the lack of availability from MC's preferred providers, is there a risk MC will have to compromise to get boats out the door? In other words, is there concern MC's quality will go down until things stabilize (if that ever happens)?

Always grateful for the perspective I get from TT!

Here I am replying to my own post...there's probably a rule prohibiting that somewhere!

Sold my G21. Grateful to have a season with a G. And now, it's back to MC for me - probably for the long haul. I'd still love to know if anyone has any perspective on questions #1 and #3 above (I'm all set on #2). I'm anticipating the answer to #1 is self-explanatory on the MC site - a few of the updates made it through to the XT21 (new colors, updated tower, Surf Star) but others did not (true walkthrough, locker trays, lounge seats, new vinyl patterns). Unless there's more coming, looks like what you see is what you get.

And I get that posting a question about build quality in this environment is a slippery slope. Of course MC is going to continue building world class boats. I'm just not certain if THIS is the year to go all in on a new build. With the lack of availability on certain parts (e.g. no BTS windshield - which is a huge bummer in my mind, especially on the XT21 where there's literally zero space between the tower and the classic windshield), I suppose I'm just a bit apprehensive.

Thoughts and feedback always appreciated!
...and a Whaler 150 Super Sport!
Old 08-31-2021, 03:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2019 XT21
Really cant answer any of your questions, but I have a xt 21 and absolutely love it. Probably nothing I would change on it.
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2021, 11:16 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2020 XT22 & '91 PS190
Based a friend who has an XT24 on order, BTS windshields are once again available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk