Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 11-18-2020, 10:51 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2015 X30, 1980 S&S Project
A few more items in progress. First, most of the floor pieces have been epoxy coated. Not installed because the whole boat is coming apart for gel coat before long, but I'm trying to get as much of the interior fabricated as possible.

Second, I've been trying to figure out how to design the rest of the interior, which will eventually have side panels with speakers. The general outside shape is cut - these are clamped to the boat in the picture. Also working on the rear seat with a goal of having a full upholstered back but a removable center seating section to avoid stepping in onto the upholstery from the platform. Current plan (just sitting in place) is in the pictures below. Have some more fitting to do then will temporarily assemble it and see if it is simple to remove for access to the transom / gas tank area. Open to better suggestions on this...
Attached Images

Last edited by WhiskeyTango; 11-18-2020 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:10 PM
TT Regular

Much of Sunday was spent working on the trailer (and multiple trips to the store). This should have taken half a day but we had a bunch of fun Saturday night...

Anyway, I disliked the idea of the way the boat loaded by sliding up the vee, and the steel strap / winch system. The decals and gel coat are showing a lot of wear from the old system.

So, I tried to modernize it a bit. The keel roller should lift the nose as it's being loaded and align it into the bow roller. The winch angle should enable it to not need power loaded. A bit of an experiment, but we'll see how it works.
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2020, 11:22 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X2 (1986 MC Skier - SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
Much of Sunday was spent working on the trailer (and multiple trips to the store). This should have taken half a day but we had a bunch of fun Saturday night...

Anyway, I disliked the idea of the way the boat loaded by sliding up the vee, and the steel strap / winch system. The decals and gel coat are showing a lot of wear from the old system.

So, I tried to modernize it a bit. The keel roller should lift the nose as it's being loaded and align it into the bow roller. The winch angle should enable it to not need power loaded. A bit of an experiment, but we'll see how it works.
Always wanted to do that to the trailer for my '86! Hope it works for you.

Love this thread. Keep the updates coming.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2020, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Love these threads

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2020, 11:39 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 77 S&S, 1983 S&& PS, and now a 98 Anniversary S&S LT1 PS
Quote:

The boat ramps were quite steep on Wissota. You can see the tell-tale marks on the bow.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:31 AM
TT Regular

The boat is about to be split to begin hull repairs and bodywork. I need to get the ideas flowing on colors.

My two thoughts so far are (i) navy with a silver flake stripe and a tan interior with navy accents or (ii) white with a calypso green flake stripe and a tan (?) interior.

But I am wide open to suggestions, especially if they come with a picture of a boat in those colors for reference!

So post them up!

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2020, 01:22 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Quote:
....I need to get the ideas flowing on colors...I am wide open to suggestions, especially if they come with a picture of a boat in those colors for reference!

Thanks!
I like green trim on a white base.

Photo credit to owners

Attached Images

2 Peter 1:38

Matthew 6:1-4

Last edited by waterlogged882; 11-23-2020 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:41 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Prostar 190, 1993, Anniversary Limited.
Always a favorite of mine, belongs to the father of a ski club member.

[IMG]

1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17
Old 11-24-2020, 01:03 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Prostar
The green flake and white 93 is awesome. I remember one for sale. Early last summer I think. If I had more money and more time and a bigger garage and less job requirements I would have surely bought it.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 PS197
Green has really made a comeback on new boats, looks very very sharp.

Blue flake is nice as well but maybe not as striking because it's more common.

Personally, I would go for very light grey hull and top instead of white (all except stripe) with a black metalflake stripe - sorry, no nod to heritage - just love that combo!