Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 08-24-2021, 10:24 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X2 (1986 MC Skier - SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislandy View Post
If she's that bonkers for it, the ideal position is about 60ft back, with a rope and a pair of skis, she'll be in one (trick or slalom) in 2-3 weeks
Definitely working on it! She's a bit gun shy of the added speed, even though I keep reassuring her that it really won't take much to keep her up as tiny as she is. That, and she loves this so much, everything else is just wasted time on the water in her mind. HAHA But, I keep the little skis in the coffin and ready to roll for when she is... and just keep encouraging without "pushing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC137FE View Post
She's just fine! The more comfortable she gets the more toe side she will ride.. IF anything, I would say watch the wave not the front of the board, that way she won't drift off and bleed off the energy... My niece was the same way at first. Then we worked her to ride more toe side to keep the energy off the wave. She'll get it real soon, the more toe pressure the less chance of riding off the wave perpendicular and losing the energy. Always told my niece if her toes are white then she's riding hard...
She came a LONG way over the last weekend with a few adjustments, so thanks all for the above comments. She still has some work to do on squaring up her body, but straightening her front foot and sliding more toe-side made a huge difference. She went from short rides and being pushed out of the wave, to as long as 5 or 8 minutes at a time ropeless going up and down the wave while being able to generate speed from the back and ride back up to the front.
Old 08-24-2021, 12:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2019 XStar
Love seeing the youngsters discovering the joy that surfing can bring. Kudos, awesome job with her!

Brynlee 7yrs, Boston 6yrs
SoulCraft Team Riders

2020 MC XStar white / Grey (Harley’s)
2021 MC X22 white/ Kahuna
2021 MC XStar Red
2021 MC XT22. Yellow/Silver
2020 MC XStar Blue
2020 MC X24. Navy/Silver
2020 MC XStar Red/Black
2020 MC XT22 Red/black
2019 MC XStar Blue/White
2017 MC XT21 Black/Green
2001 Calabria Pro V White/Yellow
Old 08-24-2021, 01:41 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black ‘n Green View Post
Love seeing the youngsters discovering the joy that surfing can bring. Kudos, awesome job with her!
Thanks. She has a LOT of work ahead of her to get anywhere near your granddaughters, but she’s certainly having fun trying… hahaha.

Speaking of which, you may have noticed an uptick in views on your Instagram lately… because I swear, she’s watched every one of their videos about a thousand times now!
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2021, 07:21 PM
MC Fanatic

The order of my pics is bad.... she got too high in the last pic... or thought she did: The second pic is her reaction 2 seconds later after drifting back and then saving it.

Sorry... just being a happy dad. People say happy wife happy life... meh, thats easy... keeping your 9 year girl smiling continuously... now thats a true achievement! Haha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2021, 07:01 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '14 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Skier View Post
Definitely working on it! She's a bit gun shy of the added speed, even though I keep reassuring her that it really won't take much to keep her up as tiny as she is. That, and she loves this so much, everything else is just wasted time on the water in her mind. HAHA But, I keep the little skis in the coffin and ready to roll for when she is... and just keep encouraging without "pushing".
Try "surfing" on a rope tied to the tower, about 30ft long (slalom rope on shortest) to get her used to the handle and being towed rather than pushed, then progress onto longer ropes, then repeat using the pair skis (tie the tips together and have someone in the water with her if needed) then tow up on the tower with the short line, then remove the tie, repeat, then lengthen.

We just got a 9yr old up and skiing long line in one day using a high pole.

WRT the speed, you're surfing quicker than she'll be going on pairs - especially if you have a set of wide kids combos like the O'Brien ones
Old 08-26-2021, 09:05 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislandy View Post
Try "surfing" on a rope tied to the tower, about 30ft long (slalom rope on shortest) to get her used to the handle and being towed rather than pushed, then progress onto longer ropes....
Been there done that with her cousin behind my brothers boat. Hahaha

She loved it.

Old 08-28-2021, 11:06 PM
MC Fanatic

Making alot of progress. Not her longest or best, but its the one we got on video.

https://youtu.be/r1ooc1dWp0c

Old 08-29-2021, 06:50 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, 19 Skier, 1977, 351W
That just made my day. Her progression is amazing and quick.
Old 08-29-2021, 10:37 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: ‘20 X22 6.2L GDI, '15 X10 6.0L
Well done, Dad. Her smile says it all.
Old 08-30-2021, 12:51 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2019 XT21
Great job!