Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 05-04-2021, 12:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2021 Mastercraft X24 6.2L Ilmor
2019 X24 Audio Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
So for inputs I have:
Helm - 1&2
Bow - 3&4
Cockpit - 5&6
Tower - 7 just the left output from the Klipsch DSP
Sub - 8 just the left output from the Klipsch DSP

Given the level adjustments in the TWK-88 and headroom on the amp gains I did not feel the need to use a y adapter to get the additional input boost on channels 7&8.

Ahh I see. It could help your noise issue to have the additional input signal from the dsp as opposed to turning up gain in twk or the amp. then again it would only affect the tower. I知 going to get mine in soon so we値l see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2021, 01:56 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 95 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal2vin View Post
Ahh I see. It could help your noise issue to have the additional input signal from the dsp as opposed to turning up gain in twk or the amp. then again it would only affect the tower. I知 going to get mine in soon so we値l see how it goes.

I tried it both ways with no difference in the noise itself. Plus the noise is there on all zones even when I only have a single zone hooked up and everything else disconnected. It's also there when I go straight from the Klipsch DSP to the amps - ie bypass the TWK88. It may be unique to my boat, but I will keep chasing.

I will say, the tuning in the TWK88 really brought the system to life for me. It's a non-negotiable in my system.
Old 05-04-2021, 02:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2021 Mastercraft X24 6.2L Ilmor
2019 X24 Audio Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
I tried it both ways with no difference in the noise itself. Plus the noise is there on all zones even when I only have a single zone hooked up and everything else disconnected. It's also there when I go straight from the Klipsch DSP to the amps - ie bypass the TWK88. It may be unique to my boat, but I will keep chasing.

I will say, the tuning in the TWK88 really brought the system to life for me. It's a non-negotiable in my system.

We have everything similarly powered. Does the twk have an exportable tune that you could share with me? Or screen shots if the settings for each zone. It壇 be much appreciated!!! I know I値l have to spend some time learning it.

Something to try maybe for the noise on yours. Power the stock distros (the circular one that has the power wires for the screen and dsp) using the new amp distro blocks instead of the power wires coming from the stock wiring. I just taped mine up and tucked them away. I have zero noise. And I知 very sensitive to that kind of thing. I switched from m800/8 to the MC specific MC800/8s on my last boat chasing down small background noise. I can稚 stand it.

Old 05-04-2021, 02:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 95 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal2vin View Post
We have everything similarly powered. Does the twk have an exportable tune that you could share with me? Or screen shots if the settings for each zone. It壇 be much appreciated!!! I know I値l have to spend some time learning it.

Something to try maybe for the noise on yours. Power the stock distros (the circular one that has the power wires for the screen and dsp) using the new amp distro blocks instead of the power wires coming from the stock wiring. I just taped mine up and tucked them away. I have zero noise. And I知 very sensitive to that kind of thing. I switched from m800/8 to the MC specific MC800/8s on my last boat chasing down small background noise. I can稚 stand it.

Let me see if I can email a tune. The TUN software is very user friendly and you will be up and running in no time. Just PM me your email addy.

Yep, the Black Label(screen), DSP, and Scally Wagg (still not sure what this is) are all hooked directly to the amp power distribution blocks.

I've run jumper ground cables all over the boat trying to fix it. The fact that the noise is only present when music is playing (not while paused) makes me think it is a source signal issue.