Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 05-14-2021, 01:04 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 black mastercraft x15 going on 1700 hrs (Sold!) Upgraded to a 2013 mastercraft xstar 👍 (Sold!) Boatless in Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torstenlaw View Post
We need electric boats! :-)
I find it funny people calling for more electric vehicles. 60% of electricity comes from fossil fuels 😂
Old 05-14-2021, 05:46 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonwa View Post
The unapproved containers is scary !

I didn’t take these pics and videos, saw on social media this morning.

https://youtu.be/XRjNdgAetQE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Omg....at least she double bagged it

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843
Old 05-14-2021, 05:48 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Electric cars until the next hacker takes down a power transmission grid...

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843
Old 05-14-2021, 04:31 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvw4x4 View Post
I find it funny people calling for more electric vehicles. 60% of electricity comes from fossil fuels 😂
Man self fulfilling prophecy. Fight using renewable energy so that you can burn more fossil fuel, fight electric cars because the cars use electricity made from burning fossil fuels.

Support transitioning away from fossil fuels for our energy grid and the 60% will drop and then cars will be using more electricity that doesn't come from fossil fuels and problem solved.

But then the talking point goes away. And if we wanted to solve a lot of capacity problems with electricity what better than more batteries plugged into the grid? Every car plugged in can be a power sink for grids to distribute peak loads so that in a power outage you still have reserve. But no we couldn't possibly improve our current system.
Old 05-14-2021, 10:17 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 PS190 View Post
Man self fulfilling prophecy. Fight using renewable energy so that you can burn more fossil fuel, fight electric cars because the cars use electricity made from burning fossil fuels.

Support transitioning away from fossil fuels for our energy grid and the 60% will drop and then cars will be using more electricity that doesn't come from fossil fuels and problem solved.

But then the talking point goes away. And if we wanted to solve a lot of capacity problems with electricity what better than more batteries plugged into the grid? Every car plugged in can be a power sink for grids to distribute peak loads so that in a power outage you still have reserve. But no we couldn't possibly improve our current system.
Adapt or go extinct. That is the #1 rule of biology. Dinosaurs did not adapt and they are extinct. Alligators did and they are still around.
Old 05-14-2021, 11:29 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2019 XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ORidr View Post
Adapt or go extinct. That is the #1 rule of biology. Dinosaurs did not adapt and they are extinct. Alligators did and they are still around.
Ah. Back with your strawmans

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer
Old 05-15-2021, 06:34 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 79 S&S. 87 Prostar Powerslot. Present 95 Maristar 200VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValveCoverGasket View Post
toilet paper 2.0 ?
Exactly. Idiots responding to the media and social media.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ObWrdYQ_6xY
Old 05-15-2021, 08:37 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
Ah. Back with your strawmans
Buggy whips, typewriters, Blockbuster video, CD players, DVD players, Kodak, Poloroid, Compaq computers, Tower Records, Toys R Us, any of these ring a bell?

Kodak executive gave a talk at a class I was taking and they were working on a digital camera platform and hoped to have it ready in about 10 years. 2-3 Years after that talk digital cameras were everywhere and Kodak was not a single one of them. In a later talk just a few years ago he said they had no idea that the industry was going to change that fast and they totally missed out and it killed them.

It is called the "Christensen Phenomenon" and "disruptive innovation" to us in the business of making new products. Basically his mantra is that nobody in a business knows and sees the next big innovation so they lose it all and he has countless examples of it. People in the business lose out, investors lose out, it is a no-win situation to those that are stubborn and refuse to adapt. Nobody in computer or digital storage media came out with the next innovative means of storing digital information and there have been like 16 revolutionary changes. Even where I worked we got clobbered when DVDs came out (replacing VCRs) and we were the leader in floppy discs but then lost it all to memory cards because we didn't believe they would be a big deal. The memory card people actually targeted the digital camera market which was just starting to boom and so the memory card business became gigantic.

Fossil fuels is just the next victim of the old ways trying to hold on against innovation.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...=1&oi=scholart
Old 05-15-2021, 08:47 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, 2020 NXT20
Emergency Fuel Waiver in SE / East Coast

I just hope they don't turn my MC into a patio with cushy seats and speakers, by driving the fuel prices through the roof . Ski Nautiqe has an electric boat that can go 3 hours on a charge.
2020 NXT20
Old 05-15-2021, 01:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Achilles sg124
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterskier360 View Post
I just hope they don't turn my MC into a patio with cushy seats and speakers, by driving the fuel prices through the roof . Ski Nautiqe has an electric boat that can go 3 hours on a charge.
That is exactly what is going to happen as the current administration campaigned on the end of dino fuel.