X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shocker47
    TT Enthusiast
    • Feb 2011

Bump it up. A lot of interest, but no offers or buyers!

Comment

• rkhodges21
      TT Enthusiast
      • Feb 2012

Where is the boat located?

Comment

• shocker47
        TT Enthusiast
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by rkhodges21 View Post
        Where is the boat located?
        Antioch IL at Sequiot Harbor as of now.

Comment

• shocker47
          TT Enthusiast
          • Feb 2011

Weather is getting nicer. This boat needs a new home. Any interest? Pm me.

Comment

• JohnE
            Super Moderator
            • Jan 2006

I had a little interest but moved on to a newer boat. To be honest, I thought of offering you $10K and doubt you would have taken it. If you want to sell it you need to go get it. Uncover it and clean it spotless. Take a ton of pics and advertise on Only Inboards and Boat Trader Online. It won't hurt to put it on Ski It Again and then run a new ad here. Right now a lot of people are getting the new boat itch and selling older MC's. I've seen the ads pick up in the past week or two. In the next two months you will get buyers looking for a deal and as such you will need to let it go for less than optimum. Keep until May and you will get top dollar. JMO and I wish you well with the sale and hope you prove me wrong.
            Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• thatsmrmastercraft
              MC Master Poster
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
              I had a little interest but moved on to a newer boat. To be honest, I thought of offering you $10K and doubt you would have taken it. If you want to sell it you need to go get it. Uncover it and clean it spotless. Take a ton of pics and advertise on Only Inboards and Boat Trader Online. It won't hurt to put it on Ski It Again and then run a new ad here. Right now a lot of people are getting the new boat itch and selling older MC's. I've seen the ads pick up in the past week or two. In the next two months you will get buyers looking for a deal and as such you will need to let it go for less than optimum. Keep until May and you will get top dollar. JMO and I wish you well with the sale and hope you prove me wrong.
              Good advice. May and June are top dollar sales months for used boats. If it isn't sold by the 4th of July, prices start to drop again.
              CUSTOM WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES
              sigpic

CUSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
              REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $350 DELIVERED
              REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $549 DELIVERED
              Email - [email protected]

Comment

• JohnE
                Super Moderator
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
                Good advice. May and June are top dollar sales months for used boats. If it isn't sold by the 4th of July, prices start to drop again.
                In my non scientific opinion, its the older boats that get top dollar in May - June. Anything older than 10 years (arbitrarily). I think the newer used boats get top dollar earlier when current owners get the itch to upgrade well before the season starts.
                Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• thatsmrmastercraft
                  MC Master Poster
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                  In my non scientific opinion, its the older boats that get top dollar in May - June. Anything older than 10 years (arbitrarily). I think the newer used boats get top dollar earlier when current owners get the itch to upgrade well before the season starts.
                  That is probably spot on. Assuming it is due to financing vs. impulse purchasing issues.
                  CUSTOM WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES
                  sigpic

CUSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
                  REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $350 DELIVERED
                  REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $549 DELIVERED
                  Email - [email protected]

Comment

• shocker47
                    TT Enthusiast
                    • Feb 2011

Thanks for all the advice. I will take this into consideration.

Comment

• Jesujoma
                      TT Newbie
                      • Sep 2012

Wood stringers?

Hi ,

Does this 93 have composite stringers or wood?

When do you expect a water test be available in your area once the ice goes out?
                      thanks,

Jeff

Comment

• Spork
                        MC Maniac
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by Jesujoma View Post
                        Hi ,

Does this 93 have composite stringers or wood?

When do you expect a water test be available in your area once the ice goes out?
                        thanks,

Jeff
                        Well I can't answer the test drive question, the stringers are definatly not wood, mastercraft has not used wood stringers since 1983 or 1984...
                        /spĂ´rk/
                        a spoon-shaped eating utensil with short tines at the tip

Comment

• east tx skier
                          MC Hero
                          • Jul 2004

I know you don't have immediate access, but I cannot stress enough that pictures sell a boat. Big, BIG pictures. Lots of closeups and a writeup that reads like a love letter.

Not trying to show off or anything, but I sold my 93 on here in less than a month. If you want it gone, you need to pepper this thread with good pictures and a very first-hand type write up chronicling the good, the bad, and the beautiful. You have a very desirable model, no matter the age. In good condition, it can fetch top dollar. I had plenty of people tell me I was out of my mind. Some people (not on this site) were flat out rude about it. But, in the end, I found the right buyer, who still owns and loves the boat.

Link to my old for sale thread
                          Last edited by east tx skier; 03-19-2013, 12:08 AM.
                          Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X