Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 06-04-2020, 06:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: ProStar
Boat Detail Kit 2020 Edition?

I did some searching and found some threads but thought I would start a new one to see if any updates or preference changes have happened.

With our boat we just got the two small sample bottles of Babes. I would like to have a full kit so that I can start my path of being MCOCD. We should be getting are lift next week so will be able to do a better job of wipe down after use.

What is in your buckets on the boat (or dock) and what do you do each boat ride, weekly, etc...
Old 06-04-2020, 06:12 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmskiboat View Post
I did some searching and found some threads but thought I would start a new one to see if any updates or preference changes have happened.

With our boat we just got the two small sample bottles of Babes. I would like to have a full kit so that I can start my path of being MCOCD. We should be getting are lift next week so will be able to do a better job of wipe down after use.

What is in your buckets on the boat (or dock) and what do you do each boat ride, weekly, etc...
Amazon, has a entire kit with a bucket, products and new towels. it's pretty nice.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:12 AM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks I did look at the "Bucket of BABE's - Complete Care Kit" but was not sure if Babes was still what people use. I know others like Boat Bling Hot Sauce others 303 Product line.

I'm hoping to get some insight into the bucket or product people have and the schedule they are using.

After each boating session, weekly, monthly. For example I want to protect the bimi but that I think would be a monthly item. I want to figure out the routine so 15 years from now guys on this forum will be like wow nice boat looks like it was well taken care off :-)
Old 06-05-2020, 06:25 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Prostar
We have pretty clean water. I wipe down every time with clean towel. Every other time I spray with “boat candy” spray and wipe w microfiber cloth. Works well.
I think boat candy is likely similar to the other sprays folks talk about, i have had very good results with that so I haven’t tried others.
You should look into a waterline cover, to cover boat sides and the platform.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:07 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2018 NXT22 Prior 2002 Maristar 230 VRS
It's cheaper by the gallon on Amazon. In my kit - Babe's Boat Bright, Babe's Seat Soap, Babe's Seat Saver (I also have a large amount of Hot Sauce, but I can't handle the smell) and Meguiar's Premium Marine Wax (liquid in the black bottle). Buy a large pack of bar mops at Sam's and a large pack of microfibers and you are all set. I purchase spray bottles from Home Depot and fill them. All of that will fit in a 5 gallon bucket with lid preferably a Crimson Tide bucket.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:17 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2005 XStar, 2020 Crest
If you have carpet or a lot of cobwebs:

https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCV581...1366555&sr=8-5

Seems like I remember paying closer to $90-100, so maybe look around a little for a better price.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIskiboat View Post
You should look into a waterline cover, to cover boat sides and the platform.
This is on the list, I emailed skiboatcovers and did not hear back, will try again but thought with Covid maybe things are taking time

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Johnson View Post
Meguiar's Premium Marine Wax (liquid in the black bottle).
How often do you use the Marine Wax? I'm totally new to this stuff so any pointers would be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
If you have carpet or a lot of cobwebs:
We have DECKadence but I do have a much cheaper version of this type of vac and it is awesome. Use it all the time.

Thanks for the information. I like the idea of buying in bulk and making my own kit. 99.9% of boating will be from our dock on the lake so easy access etc.