X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thrall
    MC Addict
    • Jul 2004

Right on man! Nice boat! Our 06, unbelievably has less hours and more days in the shop under a cover than yours,lol. But yeah 300+ hours of jumping on the seats, cannonballs off the front and more kids have grabbed the rope and rode than I can count on my fingers and toes!
    Good luck with the sale. What are you getting ?
    How longs that seadek been down? Looks good thinking about that, carpet needs to go
    '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

• bturner2
      MC Addict
      • Mar 2008

Ah you get that a lot here, I would just ignore it. Lets face it 99.9% of the people commenting here aren't even the least interested in the boat or in the market for a boat anyway. A lot of guys just like to play armchair buyers but haven't bought/sold many used boats.

When I listed my 07 X2 for $40K last spring I got the same kind of comments about how I had it listed too high. But I recall getting those same comments about the ProStar 190, the 200 MariStar and the 03 X2 that all sold with in 2 weeks that I listed here as well. I also got the typical BS comments that since my boat didn't have the MCX that it was under powered, only worth $30K and how they would never buy a boat without the MCX. The boat sold in 4 days to the first person to come out to look at it for $38K which was the actual price I wanted for the boat. I had 2 others buyers interested in the boat that were to come out later that same week but decided to let it go to the first guy as he was a cash buyer.

I'll stand by my previous comments. I do feel you're strong for the market but you do have an exceptionally clean and well optioned boat. Yellow isn't everyone's color but neither is blue, red and heaven forbid my least favorite boat color green. I do think you're either way late or too early for the market to get that money for the boat but as I stated before spring is always coming. Lastly, take note that you can always come down on your price but it's extremely difficult and rare that you're able to ask more. Do yourself a favor and let the boat speak for itself. There's no need to argue it's merits or defend it's value to anyone that isn't an actual potential buyer. GLWS
      Last edited by bturner2; 12-13-2019, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• 93Prostar190
        MC Maniac
        • Apr 2005

Sweet boat, and trailer .... really versatile too, it would look nice under someone’s Christmas tree, GLWS should be someone’s else’s by next ski season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
        Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
        1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
        Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
        "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

• MC25
          MC Master Poster
          • Nov 2007

100% this sells high 30s.

Go see Todd for your next one at TXMC!
          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:
          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• DH4H20
            TT Newbie
            • Jun 2016

Hey there,
            Market this boat in Portland, OR. You'll get what you're asking - if not more! Those years of X2 are worth gold here (I have an 08).

Comment

• SS LS1
              MC Devotee
              • Jul 2006

Ok, let me just state the obvious...... Yellow can be a tricky color to pull off. Basically there is a right way and a wrong way to go with complimenting colors on a yellow boat. .......This boat is most definitely done "The right way!"

The all black topdeck and black X2 designator are aces on this boat. The SeaDeck flooring is also a great upgrade and color choice. Works well with the seat colors.

Beautiful boat that will sell easily was spring approaches. Only thing one might want is a center trim tab that can easily be added so no sweat on that.

GLWS
              XT20 5500 GDI Black Mica/Black Topdeck/ Black interior
              SOLD - 2013 X2 Pro Pkg, Gen2 Surf
              SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190
              SOLD - 1985 Stars and Stripes

sigpic

Comment

• burglar
                TT Newbie
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                100% this sells high 30s.

Go see Todd for your next one at TXMC!
                That’s exactly what we’re doing. He’s even been on the hunt to find a buyer so we can get to building the next one!

Comment

• reh03acura
                  TT Regular
                  • Dec 2014

Yellow and Black was a great color choice. Had that color scheme on my 2006 X2 and always got compliments. 06 X2 was an awesome first boat and never really had any trouble with it. GLWS

Comment

• MC25
                    MC Master Poster
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by burglar View Post
                    That’s exactly what we’re doing. He’s even been on the hunt to find a buyer so we can get to building the next one!
                    That’s great news! Todd is a great family friend and will definitely get you taken care of.
                    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                    For Sale:
                    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• burglar
                      TT Newbie
                      • Apr 2010

Bump for warm weather and boat show day!

Comment

• Yellow X9
                        MC Fanatic
                        • May 2007

I can vouch for this boat- as we regularly hit the same lake- good deal for someone- an being I had a yellow / White- X9- I have no issues with the color combo- Good deal for someone
                        Shouldn't take long for this to sell

Can't wait to see the NEW Boat- Burglar-
                        Mike D.
                        05- X9
                        06- X9

Comment

• JohnE
                          Super Moderator
                          • Jan 2006

Great boat. The BM trailer and stereo alone make this boat worth $5K more than the typical '06 - '09 X2. '06 tower is rock solid, as mentioned earlier. And the no-cats is a plus too.
                          Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• burglar
                            TT Newbie
                            • Apr 2010

PRICE REDUCED!!
                            The Dallas boat show was a success and our replacement for the X2 will be here shortly. Price reduced to clear the way for our new baby. Price is negotiable for a local buyer or anybody that can make this move soon!

Comment

• wheeler
                              MC Fanatic
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by bturner2 View Post
                              You may be a bit high on the price but the options are over the top as is the condition. I'd stay right where you are unless you have to move it. Spring is always coming and that boat will be hard to match with boats several years newer. The trailer is extremely nice (love the wheels) and the stereo is a cut above most anything anyone will find on the market.

Very nice boat. GLWS
                              You sir, are smoking crack. these are still $40K boats considering the ridiculous price they are asking for the new ones.
                              2007 X2 - Current
                              2004 X10 -Sold
                              1997 ProStar 190 - Sold
                              1993 ProStar 190 Star & Stripes - Sold

Comment

• gotsnow
                                TT Enthusiast
                                • Nov 2014

Might be a lil high but will sell in a few months for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X