'89 Tristar 190 5.7L Indmar w/ 1:1 Velvet Drive HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmason2213
    TT Newbie
    • Sep 2017

Yes I realize that many parts are not marine that have been put on the boat. The PO had a neighbor that was a "car guy" and I believe he had him do much of the engine work on this boat. I have going through it now replacing all non marine parts with marine parts. I will be replacing the starter this weekend and then the alternator. I have removed and replaced all fuel lines so they are marine fuel lines and now I am working through electronics and wiring.

I will post more pics this weekend after I hopefully get it somewhat back together.

Thanks everyone for the advice,

Keep it Coming!!!

Comment

• pmason2213
      TT Newbie
      • Sep 2017

Another question for the group. As you can see from previous pictures the boat is red. That however is not the original color. The P.O. cut and stuck a red sticker/decal over the original color of a dark red/maroon. This sticker has started peeling in places and I actually like the original maroon. My question is 1. Is the original stripe painted under the clear coat? 2. If I were to carefully remove/sand/wax the old sticker could I pull off the original paint/sticker?

Thanks.

Comment

• Blackhawk36
        TT Enthusiast
        • Apr 2016

It should come off pretty easily with a heat gun and putty knife. Mine did

Comment

• pmason2213
          TT Newbie
          • Sep 2017

Installed the starter and starter relay yesterday. Followed all instruction. The ignition is connected to the S post. On the left is the hot wire to the circuit breaker and battery in. The right is the two wires that go to the starter/solenoid. It works perfectly and starts right up, but there is a sound at the very beginning of ignition that is almost like the bendix isnt returning quick enough. It goes right away and engine runs great.

Any ideas?
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X