Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 08-23-2019, 10:33 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 84 Stars and Stripes, 351W
Looking for a bench seat builder

Looking for someone in the Oregon area to build a bench seat for the rear of my 84 SnS. Currently nothing back there, would be nice to have one to be able to take a couple guests on board every now and then.
Anyone know a guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2019, 07:07 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Yes..

2 Peter 1:38

Last edited by waterlogged882; 09-15-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:40 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
I would strongly suggest if you are going to have a seat made incorporate a few non-factory features.

1 - a removable center section with a non-skid step to access the transom. a single piece rear bench you'll always be stepping on the vinyl and we've had people slip when doing so.

2 - The distance behind the drivers seat to the factory bench seat is a bit tight, with a rear seat base in on my 88 skis over 66" won't fit with out being up on the seat - if you can get enough space under the seat for the tail of a ski to slip in there it is way easier to bring your skis with you when you have the seat in the boat. This space can also be used to stash vests/ropes etc.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:28 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Metalflake Blue on Grey S&S Powerslot, 351W
Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 PS190 View Post
I would strongly suggest if you are going to have a seat made incorporate a few non-factory features.

1 - a removable center section with a non-skid step to access the transom. a single piece rear bench you'll always be stepping on the vinyl and we've had people slip when doing so.

2 - The distance behind the drivers seat to the factory bench seat is a bit tight, with a rear seat base in on my 88 skis over 66" won't fit with out being up on the seat - if you can get enough space under the seat for the tail of a ski to slip in there it is way easier to bring your skis with you when you have the seat in the boat. This space can also be used to stash vests/ropes etc.
Great ideas!!