• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jerseydave
    TT Hero
    • Jul 2004

Maryland MC owners?

Hi all,

Last year we purchased a cottage on the upper Chesapeake Bay. It's not always super calm but we love it here! My 05 Xstar doesn't like big waves too much, so I'm upgrading to an X23 soon.

Any other MC'ers around my area?
    I was njskier on here.
  • Tilemule
    TT Regular
    • Sep 2016

I have a house on the Elk River. We used to ski the courses next to Aberdeen on Swan creek. I don't think I went there last season. Just skied on the Schuylkill near my main residence.

Comment

• Jerseydave
      TT Hero
      • Jul 2004

Tilemule we ski the Schuylkill near Port Indian. You do tile work in Maryland? We may need to talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I was njskier on here.

Comment

• Tilemule
        TT Regular
        • Sep 2016

Me and my friend that I ski with are members at Black rock boat club in Phoenixville and ski the course there. I used to keep a boat a friends in Port Indian about 20 years ago and I haven't been there since.

My work is in the western suburbs of Philly but I do plan on transitioning into "semi retirement" in Maryland. If everything goes to plan I will be transitioning out of tile and more into real estate.

Are you looking to get some work done down there?

Comment

• Jerseydave
          TT Hero
          • Jul 2004

Talking with contractors now for the Maryland cottage on the northeast river.
          Adding a second story with master bed and bath, and a sleep room for the kids.
          Downstairs half bath needs to be tiled too.

Main house is 20 minutes from Phoenixville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I was njskier on here.

Comment

• Tilemule
            TT Regular
            • Sep 2016

Nice. I have some friends above Charlestown on shore drive.

My house on the Elk is gutted to a shell right now. It is tough balance between working enough to pay for everything and finding the time to do the work. I am hopping to get caught up on my work by May so I can get back down there and get to work on that project.

Comment

• Jerseydave
              TT Hero
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Tilemule View Post
              Nice. I have some friends above Charlestown on shore drive.

My house on the Elk is gutted to a shell right now. It is tough balance between working enough to pay for everything and finding the time to do the work. I am hopping to get caught up on my work by May so I can get back down there and get to work on that project.
              I hear ya......we spent most of the summer last year working on the house. I think the boat only clocked 20 hours. More on the Seadoos though.

Finding contractors in MD seems to be a challenge. Know any good GC's that can pull a permit and do some work for us this year? We want to raise the roof and add square footage up there.
              I was njskier on here.

Comment

• Tilemule
                TT Regular
                • Sep 2016

Yes, getting things done down there can be a problem.

I do have a friend that moved down there, but he still comes up to our area for work. I can ask him if he would be interested in your project. I know when he was renovating his house he was frustrated, like dragging a boat anchor.

Comment

Working...
                X