X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diesel
    MC Devotee
    • Aug 2004

Welp $416 out of my pocket this morning, and I have a replacement actuator. Unfortunately it appears I found the worst MC dealer in the country. Conversation went like this when I walked in with the bad actuator from my 2019 X24 with 80hrs:

Yep, that's a bad actuator.
    Yep, they are a problem.
    Yep, we have one in stock here it is. ​
    Nope, haven't seen any of the billet actuators and all our new boat have Lencos.
    Yep, you still have 3 years of warranty, but we need you to bring us the boat.
    Oh, sorry I cannot warranty the actuator that you already have off you boat unless we do the work.
    Nope, cannot get you in today, but maybe next week. Can you bring it then?

I proceed to explain that I live 3hrs from the boat and logistically it is very difficult to make the trek over, pull the boat out during the week, and get it to them for a 10min fix. And once I am here, it's a 2hr project to pull the boat out and drive over the local dealer. I also reminded them the last time I did that for a scheduled appointment to get the fuel regulator recall done, they canceled my appointment 5pm the day before - after I had taken off work to make the drive over to get the boat.

I don't vent often, but I am beyond frustrated by Table Rock Boats and their lack of customer service and consideration for other people's time. This is a well known issue, the fix takes a total of 20min and they want me to spend 4hrs round trip to get a defective part warrantied. Not to mention, if I don't shell out the money for the new actuator I loose this weekend....
    Attached Files
    05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
    15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

• mikeg205
      MC Master Poster
      • Aug 2011

The factory that makes my company's products is in Malaysia. There's is a new covid outbreak and has crippled the production line. It's not just my production line , but its the supply chain for 90% of the parts.

Went to a Lincoln dealer the other day, they had 1 Navigator. The ford dealer had 2 expeditions. Chevy dealer out of Suburbans. And of course if u wanted any of these vehicles, price was sticker period.

Everyone is affected.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• WolverineFW
        TT Enthusiast
        • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Upnorth07 View Post
        What boats are getting the billet actuators?

This is the actuator on a 2022 XT24 center tab I saw in person last week...it looks like it is made by Parker?

All replacements for the old style Lencos should be the new billet ones.

I’ve seen the billet ones but this was not it-
        That is the actuator for the new Surf Star system on the 2022+ boats. Completely different as it has position feedback.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

• LostDriver669
          MC Fanatic
          • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
          Welp $416 out of my pocket this morning, and I have a replacement actuator. Unfortunately it appears I found the worst MC dealer in the country. Conversation went like this when I walked in with the bad actuator from my 2019 X24 with 80hrs:

Yep, they are a problem.
          Nope, haven't seen any of the billet actuators and all our new boat have Lencos.
          Oh, sorry I cannot warranty the actuator that you already have off you boat unless we do the work.

I proceed to explain that I live 3hrs from the boat and logistically it is very difficult to make the trek over, pull the boat out during the week, and get it to them for a 10min fix. And once I am here, it's a 2hr project to pull the boat out and drive over the local dealer. I also reminded them the last time I did that for a scheduled appointment to get the fuel regulator recall done, they canceled my appointment 5pm the day before - after I had taken off work to make the drive over to get the boat.

I don't vent often, but I am beyond frustrated by Table Rock Boats and their lack of customer service and consideration for other people's time. This is a well known issue, the fix takes a total of 20min and they want me to spend 4hrs round trip to get a defective part warrantied. Not to mention, if I don't shell out the money for the new actuator I loose this weekend....

Not gonna like hearing this, but maybe it will help you be less frustrated.

If you bring in a part off the boat, how does the dealer prove that it actually came off your boat? I get it sucks to drive and deal with that, but the dealer also isnt wrong in saying they need the boat. Now they have the option to say yea here is the part your g2g, but they are not obligated to do so. Just throwing that out there. Did you buy the boat from them or someone else?

Comment

• Diesel
            MC Devotee
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LostDriver669 View Post
            Not gonna like hearing this, but maybe it will help you be less frustrated.

If you bring in a part off the boat, how does the dealer prove that it actually came off your boat? I get it sucks to drive and deal with that, but the dealer also isnt wrong in saying they need the boat. Now they have the option to say yea here is the part your g2g, but they are not obligated to do so. Just throwing that out there. Did you buy the boat from them or someone else?
            Yep I get it and do see their side. I do think the actuator problem is different. They are failing very quickly and make your boat unusable. And it literally took me 20min start to finish to swap.

This is my 6th MC and I guess my past dealers were just exceptional. They would do just about anything to keep you on the water in the summer. My last dealer would have likely come to my slip and swapped the actuator yesterday or this morning. And apologized for my inconvenience.
            Last edited by Diesel; 07-10-2021, 01:47 PM.
            15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

• moosehead
              MC Maniac
              • May 2015

I agree with those frustrated by the Lenco issue and what should be a dealer hand it over the counter to let those customers DIY to get back on the water. How much proof does a dealer need that has sold a repeat customer hundreds of thousands of dollars of discretionary recreation purchase for a small part?

CO MC has made every effort to get me back on the water especially during season, both warrantee and other, despite being on remote water with similar logistics as Diesel. Same for Stancraft. Both have offered email and phone guidance to either talk me out of the tree of frustration or help me solve an issue, included problems that I created through my own dumbarse moves. Both have gotten parts ASAP even in restricted peak season and other.

It’s a no brainer business move too. Small gestures and a moderate level of care or greater buys customer loyalty. It was and should be a hallmark of MC and their dealers.

I get the pipeline backup, so give the customer an old Lenco actuator for free or at cost until the new warrantee billet one comes in. Note we now have at least five generations of actuators in recent gen MC’s so very well known issue: original, first gen position sensored, beefed up flanged non position sensored, second gen position sensored, billet casing.

Comment

• osmonet
                TT Regular
                • Mar 2015

My lake has a shortage of water…damn we need rain. Stupid supply chain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Mystic3D
                  TT Enthusiast
                  • Jun 2013

Yep I get it and do see their side. I do think the actuator problem is different. They are failing very quickly and make your boat unusable. And it literally took me 20min start to finish to swap.

This is my 6th MC and I guess my past dealers were just exceptional. They would do just about anything to keep you on the water in the summer. My last dealer would have likely come to my slip and swapped the actuator yesterday or this morning. And apologized for my inconvenience.
                  What you are asking for is reasonable, you ship the defective part and they send you a new one. Time is more valuable than money, some dealers understand that concept. I get the that might not be mastercraft's policy, but a bit of flexibility go a long way.
                  That $400 was less than your time..

Comment

• Diesel
                    MC Devotee
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mystic3D View Post
                    What you are asking for is reasonable, you ship the defective part and they send you a new one. Time is more valuable than money, some dealers understand that concept. I get the that might not be mastercraft's policy, but a bit of flexibility go a long way.
                    That $400 was less than your time..
                    Exactly what was going through my mind standing at the dealer. It sucks and I do think they are the worst dealer I've worked with, but it was a great day on the water today.
                    Attached Files
                    15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

• Tookeymonster
                      MC Devotee
                      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Stevext23 View Post
                      LOL well well…….I know exactly how manufacturing works, having been a supplier to manufacturers with job SCHEDULING software for 8 years. Here is how it works. It actually starts off in the warranty department at MC who has software and processes to recognize the issue/failure rates and then they (should) see there is a problem. At that time, they make a decision to head off what could be shortages and they order enough for the failure rates and estimated increases of those failures. In MC’s case, they actually realized it was so bad that they got a new supplier (which is good)

You can almost always secure parts if they pay up enough to get them (and financially care about that part of their responsibility).

Anyhow I am pleased to report that I think a solution is on the way and I will share the results shortly.
                      In a normal world you are correct, nothing is normal right now and MC like other including my company are just now getting hit with shortages because we were ahead of the game but finally getting hit with shortages out of our control. FYI MC is not letting dealers order some parts without a Warranty claim because some MC Dealers screwed other dealers by scare ordering parts due to fear of shortages. Just like the idiots buying all the toilet paper last summer.

FYI, MC is not the only manufacture using these actuators. SkiersChoice and a lot of saltwater/ocean boats are using them, and then you have the boat market boom.

Comment

• Stevext23
                        TT Enthusiast
                        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by dgaugler View Post
                        Just curious how many hours are you seeing on the actuators before the fail? On my '18 NXT22, my starboard on failed at 53hrs.
                        My boat has 56 hours!! On a 2017.

Comment

• ttu
                          MC Addict
                          • Jun 2005

Yep, they are a problem.

i called them once after we got to Kimberling City and i noticed we had no oil in the trailer wheel hubs and boat was still under warranty. They told me to call Dick Lanes and have them fix it since that is where i bought the boat. Well that was out of the question and had it done there and paid for it.

Comment

• Diesel
                            MC Devotee
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ttu View Post
                            i called them once after we got to Kimberling City and i noticed we had no oil in the trailer wheel hubs and boat was still under warranty. They told me to call Dick Lanes and have them fix it since that is where i bought the boat. Well that was out of the question and had it done there and paid for it.
                            Ha, it seems to be their standard operating procedure as they flat out told me they put boats that were sold by them ahead of anyone else boats for service. They cancelled an appointment I had on the books for a month because they put the recall parts they set aside for my boat in a boat they sold. And forced me to call the factory to get replacement parts so the recall could be done before the season started.

We have 4 MCs on my dock at Table Rock and all of them are serviced by Marine World out of Wichita KS because of the experiences they have had with TR Boats. I've owned a MC since 1995 and I've always been amazed at the service of the MC dealers and you hear so many stories on here of exceptional dealer service. So this is a new experience for me and the MC brand.

Also, MC just cancelled their agreement Ski and Sports on Beaver, so it's back to Tulsa or down to Dallas for my warranty work now.
                            15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

• Pno02
                              TT Regular
                              • May 2017

Originally posted by Tookeymonster View Post
                              In a normal world you are correct, nothing is normal right now and MC like other including my company are just now getting hit with shortages because we were ahead of the game but finally getting hit with shortages out of our control. FYI MC is not letting dealers order some parts without a Warranty claim because some MC Dealers screwed other dealers by scare ordering parts due to fear of shortages. Just like the idiots buying all the toilet paper last summer.

FYI, MC is not the only manufacture using these actuators. SkiersChoice and a lot of saltwater/ocean boats are using them, and then you have the boat market boom.

nah, see you don't understand.... "all you gotta do is write a big enough check and the problem disappears" lol (lots of sarcasm implied in my statement)

Comment

• Tookeymonster
                                MC Devotee
                                • Sep 2017

Ha, it seems to be their standard operating procedure as they flat out told me they put boats that were sold by them ahead of anyone else boats for service. They cancelled an appointment I had on the books for a month because they put the recall parts they set aside for my boat in a boat they sold. And forced me to call the factory to get replacement parts so the recall could be done before the season started.

We have 4 MCs on my dock at Table Rock and all of them are serviced by Marine World out of Wichita KS because of the experiences they have had with TR Boats. I've owned a MC since 1995 and I've always been amazed at the service of the MC dealers and you hear so many stories on here of exceptional dealer service. So this is a new experience for me and the MC brand.

Also, MC just cancelled their agreement Ski and Sports on Beaver, so it's back to Tulsa or down to Dallas for my warranty work now.
                                Wow, does not surprise me after I called them last week. I called to ask what props they were running on their X22's as I'm coming from Colorado. The guy that answered the phone had couldn't answer my question and didn't care to help find out.

I have an 18x15.5 on now and have an 18x16 as my spare and was thinking of changing them out....

Comment

Working...
                                X