Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-29-2021, 04:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, 2020 NXT20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpine View Post
I read this thread from the bottom up, only to find out it was FourFourty’s boat - Yeah I would have made that trip in a heartbeat too! Congrats on a great boat!!!

I did a small subset of your trip to pick up my 2018 Star this spring from Kentucky to Minnesota, but was fortunate to not to have to deal w/ snow or mountain passes like you did!

The TSA agent didn’t seem surprised at all that I tried to check my hitch & said it was the 2nd one that week! I recommend not attending to put it in your carry-on like I did.

I picked up some Rock Tamers as well but wished I’d have found a shipping cover - sadly have a nick in what was perfect gelcoat after going through Chicago - my GPS took me on the same route - pretty white knuckled driving!

Great story! When our significant-others think we’re crazy, we can refer to this thread & say we’re not the only ones who will do these things for the right boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And we are crazy btw

2020 NXT20
Old 04-29-2021, 05:12 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2020 XT22
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpine View Post
I read this thread from the bottom up, only to find out it was FourFourty’s boat - Yeah I would have made that trip in a heartbeat too! Congrats on a great boat!!!

I did a small subset of your trip to pick up my 2018 Star this spring from Kentucky to Minnesota, but was fortunate to not to have to deal w/ snow or mountain passes like you did!

The TSA agent didn’t seem surprised at all that I tried to check my hitch & said it was the 2nd one that week! I recommend not attending to put it in your carry-on like I did.

I picked up some Rock Tamers as well but wished I’d have found a shipping cover - sadly have a nick in what was perfect gelcoat after going through Chicago - my GPS took me on the same route - pretty white knuckled driving!

Great story! When our significant-others think we’re crazy, we can refer to this thread & say we’re not the only ones who will do these things for the right boat!

@jackpine. I love your beer

https://www.jackpinebrewery.com/

Fenceline or Dead Branch for me
Old 04-30-2021, 09:12 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2018 XStar 50th
LoL! Nice!

Old 05-11-2021, 07:54 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1985 Correct Craft Ski Nautique 2001
Amazing.
All this thread now needs is a photo of the boat in the water. And me behind it, ideally. But that's for another time.
Old 05-14-2021, 05:58 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2020 X-Star
Its been waaay too long, but the weather and my time finally lined up today and we were able to take the boat out for a quick surf. All I can say is that its amazing, boat ran fantastic and the wave was everything I expected with just two of us and half a tank of fuel. Water was a balmy 61, air was like 70ish...overall, great time and put a smile on my face for sure
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2021, 06:28 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2020 x star
Love it, boat looks awesome. I had the exact same reaction with only a couple people and no extra weight on the boat the first time I got behind mine. Enjoy!
Old 05-14-2021, 06:49 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2020 X-Star
I had been waiting on the truck title to arrive before I could sell it...but that finally came too, and the truck has been sold. All said and done when you add up the purchase price of the truck, airfare, fuel, food, hotel, insurance, road supplies, etc. I was able to cover all of my costs and left with a few extra bucks in my pocket. So depending on how you want to look at it, with not having to spend $4k on transport...I did okay!

Old 05-14-2021, 07:22 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2019 XT22
Dang!!! You killed it on that buy.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer
Old 05-15-2021, 08:32 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, 2020 NXT20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Don't use Waze then. That thing will have you drive through someone's living room to save 30 seconds. It's how I ended up on a muddy farm road in a RWD Lexus.

Yes do not use when towing !!
I have seen how the less fortunate live now though !!

2020 NXT20
Old 05-15-2021, 01:41 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, 19 Skier, 1977, 351W
I loved your cross country boat hauling adventure. It was one of the few threads that I could actually see the pictures while I was waiting on moderator approval. Didn't I see a picture of you crossing into Idaho in the snow? And now less than 3 weeks later, you are in the water. You guys that live up north are pretty tough diehards. I'm still not comfortable even though they say the water temperature is 70 now. I prefer in the 80's. Yea, I know, wimp.