Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 05-13-2021, 04:32 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
As a general contractor, we are getting bent from every direction. However obviously we have to pass these costs onto the owner.
I can understand passing on for items not purchased yet but one of the things that was particularly annoying was the truss package (floors and roof) for my neighbor's house was finished and ready for delivery middle of February so the lumber costs for it was determined when they started assembling the trusses. Yet the price of the package kept going up and up all through March and April. That seems like someone was milking the system.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X25 6.0 L / 2004 X-30 MCX(SOLD)
To digress even further from topic I am surprised there is no discussion about the stock price of Mastercraft which was up about 10% today after having their best quarter ever. Maybe its not allowed here?
I always browse the dealers for inventory( who doesn't right?) and once i saw they had almost zero used or new MC in stock I bought some shares.
As for the correction, I suspect its coming at some point, but who knows when, if only I had that ability to predict....
Old 05-13-2021, 05:27 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2019 XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ORidr View Post
I can understand passing on for items not purchased yet but one of the things that was particularly annoying was the truss package (floors and roof) for my neighbor's house was finished and ready for delivery middle of February so the lumber costs for it was determined when they started assembling the trusses. Yet the price of the package kept going up and up all through March and April. That seems like someone was milking the system.

I believe the lumber guys are. I donít believe it for a second.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer
Old 05-13-2021, 05:27 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2019 XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 PS190 View Post
Medicine would like to see some of that please.
HA. Medicine has been ripping off patients for money since the dawn of medicine.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer
Old 05-13-2021, 07:18 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Ď20 X22 6.2L GDI, '15 X10 6.0L
Can't say, but personally came out of early retirement to invest post covid in opportunistic travel businesses.

I was wrong about that thesis as overheated capital markets have driven up the cost of everything: labor, equities, real estate, commercial real estate, commodities, materials, recreational anything, bitcoin, automobiles, guns, semiconductors. Today's pricing even in lodging with no EBITDA is peak multiples on 2019 prior peak EBITDA and more conservative leverage, which means returns are lower than 2019 despite the vid. This is prior to the threat of greater inflation which some feel is forthcoming, and higher taxes.

Better to go boating.
Old 05-13-2021, 07:50 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maybe
Inflation on steroids. Govt will print money like mad to cover current administrations wild, out of control spending. Totally devaluates the dollar. Everybody wants free this, and free that, problem is that there is no free lunch, the people that are employed will pay for all of it until the takers overwhelm the makers, and it's coming soon.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:24 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2021 XT22
Weren't things going along fine before Covid and Joey-B? Ah, the good old glory days of 2019.

I bought MCFT stock when I finally pulled the trigger on our build last summer. They've been kicked around by the analysts, but the results from what we all knew already are finally bearing fruit. We got a build right before sh!t went crazy. It's a mad world when you can sell a toy for 25% more than you paid for it.

Now if it would only rain....
Old 05-14-2021, 11:59 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: paddle
The housing momoritorium was extented by Joey "you know the thing" through June but will not be extended any further. For me that means evictions and foreclosures will increase substantially. I see a lot of pre-forclosure sales in the fall. For many covid meant time you could screw off and "work from home", resposibilities for loans was given leeway and so on.

The correction will have when people are forced to be adults again and EARN a living.
Old 05-14-2021, 12:46 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210 View Post
The housing momoritorium was extented by Joey "you know the thing" through June but will not be extended any further. For me that means evictions and foreclosures will increase substantially. I see a lot of pre-forclosure sales in the fall. For many covid meant time you could screw off and "work from home", resposibilities for loans was given leeway and so on.

The correction will have when people are forced to be adults again and EARN a living.

Many of those people just tacked on those payments to the back end of their loan.
I donít think the foreclosures will be as rampant as many think.
Rental evictions may be another story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2021, 01:16 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: paddle
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mo View Post
Many of those people just tacked on those payments to the back end of their loan.
I donít think the foreclosures will be as rampant as many think.
Rental evictions may be another story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some mortgage companies will let homeowners do that but some will not. Evictions will be high no matter what.