Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-05-2010, 04:42 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
If I can remember right the tabs will be on the new wheel but dont hold me too that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 04-05-2010, 04:50 AM
MC Maniac

If you are not going to use your boat for a week or so I would take the wheel out and inspect every piece that you will need and make one order. It will take you 5 min to pull the old one look at it and if you are going to use the boat put it back in. You will not need to re glue or seal anyting. The wheel will slide up into the bilge and when you install the old one after inspection or the new one put some vasoline on the o-ring and tighten up the nut from the inside. Looking at all of the pics in the post makes me think that you will only need the wheel, but if the casing that the wheel slides into is cracked or will let a leak happen replace that too.

Another trick on the installation of your new wheel is to leave it pluged into the master module until you have the new one ready to go back into the boat. If the old one is damaged beyond rpair, cut the wires at the wheel and tape them to the connector end of the new wheel. Use the old wire to snake the new wire and connecter to the master module. It is plug and play unplug the old and plug in the new and you will not need to reset your system. Hope this helps.

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 04-05-2010, 09:43 PM
TT Regular

Boat: X7
Thanks for all the info Kyle. I'll pull it out today and inspect it all.

Cheers,
Old 04-05-2010, 09:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 MasterCraft PS197 TT, #31/100, MCX 5.7L
For parts and pricing I would contact either Perfect Pass or Skier-to-Skier...good luck, mac

http://perfectpass.com/index.html

http://skiertoskier.com/
2005 ProStar 197TT, #31/100; Tournament PB 1.5 @ 38 off, June 2012
Old 04-07-2010, 05:23 AM
TT Regular

Boat: X7
thanks again guys.

Quick question. After removing the airmar unit i was able to bend the little tabs straight but obviously the wheel has lost all its paddles. The remainder of it is still there so i want to test whether or not the whole unit is faulty or if its just the fact that the wheel has no paddles so no speed is being detected. Is there a way to test the speedo without it being in the water?
Old 04-07-2010, 08:19 AM
TT Enthusiast

Turn your ignition key to “on” and manually spin what's left of your paddlewheel; your speedo needle should move which indicates everything is working properly electronically; once you replace your paddlewheel, you should be good to go!
Old 04-08-2010, 04:44 AM
MC Maniac

I had to do some tesing on mine the other day and turing the wheel is not going to be a good test. I have a stargazer system and everything in the system works together. I had to have the truck pull the boat at the storage parking lot. While the key was on and turning the paddle wheel still read 0mph. The gps works with the wheel on my boat so I had to pull the boat to make gps read something and spin the wheel for the paddle wheel to pick up movement. I did get a reading and everything is fine with mine. If you have an older style of perfect pass you may get by with turning the wheel with the key on. Obviously we pulled the boat less than 5 mph to test mine.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Kyle; 04-08-2010 at 04:46 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Kyle: I also have StarGazer and with my boat sitting in the garage, the test I mentioned above works. My local MC mechanic showed me this trick sitting in his parking lot. So, not sure why yours is not working?? Spin it faster mac
Old 04-09-2010, 01:20 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by macattack View Post
Kyle: I also have StarGazer and with my boat sitting in the garage, the test I mentioned above works. My local MC mechanic showed me this trick sitting in his parking lot. So, not sure why yours is not working?? Spin it faster mac
Interesting that mine did not work until the boat was moving. It is good to know that it works both ways because I had to think about it and try some things to finally get it to work. I just did not want him to try and have the same issues that I have. I will remember your advise.

Oh and I did spin it as fast as I could and it still did not pick up. Maybe fast is not fast enough

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-09-2010, 01:22 AM
MC Maniac

Hey Mac

Do you think that the difference between your system and mine working differently woud have to do with mine being a mechanical system vs drive by wire?

Quote:
Quote: