Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 04-09-2019, 08:24 AM
dmbeck's Avatar
dmbeck dmbeck is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2014
Boat: 1998 Prostar 205 (Sold), 2006 x15 w/ mcx
Location: NKY
Posts: 753
That turned out slick, good work!
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-09-2019, 12:44 PM
SaltwaterMC's Avatar
SaltwaterMC SaltwaterMC is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Boat: 2008 40th Anniversary X-Star Saltwater Series
Location: Southeast
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footin View Post
Completed today, works great and the switch fit perfect.
Footin, can you provide a link to this switch? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-09-2019, 07:46 PM
Footin's Avatar
Footin Footin is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2007 Maristar 200VRS X2
Location: Columbus,OH/Monticello,KY
Posts: 5,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterMC View Post
Footin, can you provide a link to this switch? Thanks!
Here you go: https://12vtechnology.com/collection...-on-off-12v-rd
__________________
OH-IO!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-10-2019, 09:17 AM
SaltwaterMC's Avatar
SaltwaterMC SaltwaterMC is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Boat: 2008 40th Anniversary X-Star Saltwater Series
Location: Southeast
Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footin View Post
Thanks, Footin!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-17-2019, 11:52 PM
dnadrifter's Avatar
dnadrifter dnadrifter is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Boat: X15, 2006, Pro Tour Red, MCX
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLA View Post
Gents,

If your boat's ignition key is controlling the head-unit's red turn-on circuit, rather then worry about the BT having to re-pair, I would take the turn-on off the key switch and relocate it to a rocker switch. Now, neither the BT or head-unit powers off and then when the key is turned from RUN to ACC or from ACC back to RUN.
I believe I have this issue as well. When I turn the boat off at the ignition switch, the stereo turns off and I have to turn the ignition back to the run position.

Not exactly sure how to take the turn-on off of the key switch and locate it to a rocker switch. Any tips to get me started?
__________________
Boat: 2006 X15
Tow: 2017, 6.2L GMC Sierra, Crew Cab, Max Tow
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-18-2019, 07:16 AM
Razzys Wagon Razzys Wagon is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Boat: 2010 x45
Location: southeast
Posts: 136
just had that put in my x45, works great on the factory unit
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-28-2019, 08:04 PM
Krw1225 Krw1225 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Boat: 2008 X-14, 40th Anniversary Edition, MCX w/ Powerslot
Location: Southeast
Posts: 212
So I finally added this today! I have the CMD5 head unit. I decided to disconnect the throttle auxiliary jack and use those RCA cords for my input. I then spliced on some extra wire and
Eye hole connects (then heat wrapped to waterproof) so I could hardwire directly to battery ground, but keep the power supply before the perko switch, so when itís off, nothing has power! Once the extra wire was added, was very easy job. Finished up by zip tying to existing cord runs to keep it clean, and mounted on old iPod module.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-28-2019, 09:57 PM
MLA MLA is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2012
Boat: pontoon
Location: Lake Wylie Area
Posts: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krw1225 View Post
So I finally added this today! I have the CMD5 head unit. I decided to disconnect the throttle auxiliary jack and use those RCA cords for my input. I then spliced on some extra wire and
Eye hole connects (then heat wrapped to waterproof) so I could hardwire directly to battery ground, but keep the power supply before the perko switch, so when itís off, nothing has power! Once the extra wire was added, was very easy job. Finished up by zip tying to existing cord runs to keep it clean, and mounted on old iPod module.
Yes, no need to have voltage to the BT module when boat is off, but more important, it needs to share the same voltage supply as head and amps.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-28-2019, 11:55 PM
Krw1225 Krw1225 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Boat: 2008 X-14, 40th Anniversary Edition, MCX w/ Powerslot
Location: Southeast
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLA View Post
Yes, no need to have voltage to the BT module when boat is off, but more important, it needs to share the same voltage supply as head and amps.
Hmm, can you give me a little education on why that would be the case and how I check?

This is where the power is coming from...
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-29-2019, 08:44 AM
MLA MLA is online now
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2012
Boat: pontoon
Location: Lake Wylie Area
Posts: 1,752
noise
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 PM.


2018