Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-07-2019, 09:43 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: mastercraft x45 2005 lq9 engine
port ballast pump not responding

2005 X45, the boat is wintering on the trailer. Last time at the lake, the port side pumped water into the ballast tank, would not empty. went home, boat on trailer in garage, turned the switch to 'empty' just to see if it would work, and water shot out! I emptied the tank outside. Now all three tanks are empty. starboard and center tank pumps run when switched. However the port pump will not run. I've switched pumps and its not the pump. no voltage to port pump, other two work ok. Port pump switch when turned on, switches the voltage directs the voltage to the relay panel near the battery location. Voltage to and from port circuit breaker (breaker not tripped, I've traced the 12 volts this far with port ballast switch on, from switch to relay ). There are two relays per pump. I have not switched relays yet to see if I have a bad one. Does anyone have a circuit diagram of the relays. Is one wired to the ballast tank? Assuming so as the the pumps do not run if you throw the switch to 'empty' and there is no water in the tanks, so the electrical circuit and maybe one of the two relays must control this. Any help is appreciated.
burk
Old 01-08-2019, 01:44 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft 2007 X2 MCX
Each pump circuit has two relays. Before you dig into the relays, I would check the switch on the dash to make sure its functioning correctly. You may have a loose connection to the switch or maybe the switch is bad.

This thread may help with understanding how the relays are wired.
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=40934

Tags
ballast, relay, x45