• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnE
    Super Moderator
    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by mgs96ps View Post
    Bruce...I assume that the J hose that you have is #5. Also you say the others are not available. What other formed hose is on an LT1 other than #4?

http://www.waterskis.com/841004-p/hose_formed_u_lt1.htm

Originally posted by Bruce-ActionWater View Post
    Yes the J hose is #5 which is available. #2 and 4 are also preformed and not available. If you look at his picture its pieced together. waterskis.com has #2 but indmar does not anymore. They must have had some left over.
    Thanks for the info guys. I know these posts are over a year old, but waterskis.com still has this " #2 hose" which is the link in bold above. I just ordered one.
    Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• bleedgreen
      TT Regular
      • May 2013

You can put me down for one of the hoses as long as it doesn't cost me my 1st born. I still kind of like him.

Comment

• WeekendsR4Me
        TT Regular
        • Sep 2019

Bumping this thread to the top. Just bought a 98' Prostar 205 with the LT1, and would like to have the "holy grail" hoses on hand in the event I need to replace. Anyone have an extra set, or is there interest in having another batch made by the supplier in the earlier threads?

Comment

• BigGixxerFixxer
          TT Enthusiast
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by WeekendsR4Me View Post
          Bumping this thread to the top. Just bought a 98' Prostar 205 with the LT1, and would like to have the "holy grail" hoses on hand in the event I need to replace. Anyone have an extra set, or is there interest in having another batch made by the supplier in the earlier threads?

I was able to get a set from Bruce with Action Water Sports in Fenton Michigan.
          He may still have some.
          Worth a phone call. He was very helpful and shipped quickly.
          They’re not cheap but don’t know if another option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• WeekendsR4Me
            TT Regular
            • Sep 2019

Thanks BigGixxerFixxer. I was able to get in touch with Bruce and indeed he did have 6 sets left (well now 5 ). Plus a crank position sensor that's supposed to be hard-to-find as well. They ain't cheap, but in the grand scheme........

Appreciate all the help!

Comment

• bret
              MC Devotee
              • Aug 2004

Now, 4 sets - buddy just bought a set and I scored two crank sensors just to have.
              1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

• BigGixxerFixxer
                TT Enthusiast
                • Oct 2017

Been on the fence about crank sensors.
                Would one of you mind sharing what you gave for them?
                Pm me if you’re more comfortable?
                Appreciate it

Comment

• bret
                  MC Devotee
                  • Aug 2004

Not at all, $69. It does seem a little high but it beats not having them if you have a shut down issue after you've troubleshot other items. The big thing with the crank sensors is SAVE the BRACKET, because that is very expensive item even if you do find one.

I've got several spare items for the LT-1 and even have a full spare Code 5 push button ignition that came standard on this boat.
                  1993 25th Anniversary Limited ProStar 190, #17

Comment

• BigGixxerFixxer
                    TT Enthusiast
                    • Oct 2017

Think I’ll get a set if they’re descent quality.
                    Better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.
                    BTW, I got some original plug wires and a few odds and ends through Inboardonline.com.
                    Shipped straight from Indmar. Guy that helped me over the phone said they were owned by or affiliated with Indmar and could source lots of parts not listed on their website.
                    Shipping calculator has a glitch but don’t let it scare you away. Actual freight was much more reasonable.

Comment

• JLeuck64
                      MC Fanatic
                      • Jun 2005

Hey there LT-1 owners!

As you probably know there are 3 unique coolant hoses on this engine. The lowest hose is a 180 degree bend and not very expensive. The other 2 hoses have very unique bends and they also have different diameters on both ends! WTH?!

They continue to increase in price as time marches on... so I am pulling the trigger and getting mine now! They showed up today. I have them when I need em! If you are looking for these hoses too, give Bruce a call at Action Water Sports-Fenton MI 810-629-1342.

I am into these 3 hoses $232 plus S&H, they won't get less expensive ( =
                      I promise! Been watching prices for the last decade... finally decided that I should have them before my 98 S&S PS190 gets to 30 years old.

P.S. the rest of the hoses are simple to source from straight stock by using the inner diameter.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by JLeuck64; 06-17-2020, 12:09 AM.
                      http://www.mastercraft.com/photopost...er=2572&sort=1
                      Need LT-1 parts?
                      OIL FILTER: Factory installed is a Penzoil P23, Afta market brands, AC Delco PF-454 and a Fram PH-13 or PH-30 will work.
                      SPARK PLUGS: AC Delco MR43LTS (gapped to .040")
                      FUEL FILTERS: AC Delco 25171391 (pump inlet side)
                      89058397 (pump outlet side)
                      IGNITION WIRES: Call Inboard Online @ (877) 327-7175 and order part numbers 556010A (odd bank) and 556010B (even bank)

Comment

Working...
                      X