Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 07-09-2019, 12:04 PM
linzandscott

Water in speedo line

I have a 1999 190 and recently took out a non working perfect pass and installed 1 gps speedo and 1 pitot speedo. I also put new tubes, buffer tubes and pitots on. The issue is Iím still getting water through the tubes to up under the dash. Any ideas?? Iím keeping the mdc for all the other gauges just changing the speedos.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:42 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Out of curiosity why the pitot speedo at all? The GPS will tell you all you need - fill the other hole with literally any other gauge type or even a head unit (or another perfect pass is even better)

My bet is that you have an air leak somewhere, the air pressure build up in the hose should keep the water well away from the dash - air leaks will let the water flow up into the end of the hoses.

Blow it out, put a zip tie over the fittings, cut ends back a smidge if torn etc.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:24 PM
linzandscott

Well I want a regular speedo because the gps is not as “fast” to give the speed. It works well but I also want to a speedo with the larger numbers and mph slashes in between. Both speedos are faria and you can see one is a 55 mph and one is a 60 mph. That difference helps spread the numbers out a bit. I blew both lines out from dash back to and found one is stopped up and one had water. I have a full tank of fuel and cannot move tank now to find out what’s going on. The “clear” line is now hooked up with only air in the line and if this doesn’t work it will be an off season project. Something screwy is going on behind the tank. I also wanna move the tank over to the left a smidge because the tank now sits more to the right which causes the boat to lean when I’m towing a skier and I’m the only one in the boat. Thanks for the reply!