Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16401  
Old 09-21-2021, 10:09 PM
Mainely Wake's Avatar
Mainely Wake Mainely Wake is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Boat: Bayliner (cheap fun)
Location: Maine
Posts: 27
Price Drop

What am I missing….

The price on this boat has dropped again https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/b...379873808.html $15,000

Has anyone called on this boat yet? Or better yet gone and seen it? NADA has almost a 40,000 price on this boat. How much could it possibly cost to fix a blown motor….
Reply With Quote
  #16402  
Old 09-21-2021, 11:13 PM
Tsumi Tsumi is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: 2001 X-star 5.7L LTR, 2000 Prostar 190 5.7L LTR, both dark green
Location: Pacific
Posts: 1,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainely Wake View Post
What am I missing….

The price on this boat has dropped again https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/b...379873808.html $15,000

Has anyone called on this boat yet? Or better yet gone and seen it? NADA has almost a 40,000 price on this boat. How much could it possibly cost to fix a blown motor….
8.1 motor is pretty expensive. Full interior replacement is fairly expensive. Trailer work (guide pole on one side is bent, other seems to be missing entirely). That big smash in the back corner, which looks like it will be fiberglass and gelcoat work, will cost quite a bit.

At the other end of the spectrum, you have this beauty:

https://kalispell.craigslist.org/boa...383588693.html

Definitely a collector's boat, not one you would want to use all that often.
Reply With Quote
  #16403  
Old 09-22-2021, 01:18 AM
peytonvp peytonvp is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Boat: 2007 Mastercraft x14
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainely Wake View Post
What am I missing….

The price on this boat has dropped again https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/b...379873808.html $15,000

Has anyone called on this boat yet? Or better yet gone and seen it? NADA has almost a 40,000 price on this boat. How much could it possibly cost to fix a blown motor….
With a boat like that you could wind up having big money into it real quick. I think a 8.1 long block is going to be over $5000 not including installation. That being said you could have close to $20000 with engine, cosmetics, and interior. It seems like a bargain at first but could be a money pit to get it back to glory. Not to mention that it was a rental so it has lived a hard life I can imagine.
__________________
Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes
Reply With Quote
  #16404  
Old 09-22-2021, 09:29 AM
Ironhorse Ironhorse is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Boat: 2021 Prostar
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonvp View Post
With a boat like that you could wind up having big money into it real quick. I think a 8.1 long block is going to be over $5000 not including installation. That being said you could have close to $20000 with engine, cosmetics, and interior. It seems like a bargain at first but could be a money pit to get it back to glory. Not to mention that it was a rental so it has lived a hard life I can imagine.
I agree, but I guess for someone that isn't as fussy they could fix just the seats that are torn, replace the engine themselves if they have the skills and do a little at home gel work and you have a pretty decent boat for around $25 - $30K.
Reply With Quote
  #16405  
Old 09-22-2021, 09:56 AM
bturner2's Avatar
bturner2 bturner2 is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Boat: 2016 200 Sport Nautique
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 5,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainely Wake View Post
What am I missing….

The price on this boat has dropped again https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/b...379873808.html $15,000

Has anyone called on this boat yet? Or better yet gone and seen it? NADA has almost a 40,000 price on this boat. How much could it possibly cost to fix a blown motor….
Boats like this typically get recycled by unscrupulous flippers that will hack in a automotive block/engine of questionable condition, do some questionable cosmetic repairs, then move it along to the next unsuspecting buyer. That person will sink tons of money into it only to find out it's a black hole then move it along as well. And so the process will continue until it gets to someone who will park it somewhere where it will deteriorate until scraped.

I've seen quite a few of these boats over the years where you just can't understand how they got there.
Reply With Quote
  #16406  
Old 09-22-2021, 10:24 AM
Tsumi Tsumi is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: 2001 X-star 5.7L LTR, 2000 Prostar 190 5.7L LTR, both dark green
Location: Pacific
Posts: 1,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
I agree, but I guess for someone that isn't as fussy they could fix just the seats that are torn, replace the engine themselves if they have the skills and do a little at home gel work and you have a pretty decent boat for around $25 - $30K.
I doubt you can get away with just a little at home gel work. The back end needs fiberglass work. Who knows what the bottom of the hull looks like; it's probably been beached a lot. The post also mentioned the pickle for needing fiberglass work, so it was likely run into a dock. Fixing it up for $15k, even with significant amount of DIY work, is highly optimistic.

This would be a far better choice, and prices are likely to come down even more in the coming months: https://www.onlyinboards.com/2004-Ma...io-128920.aspx
Reply With Quote
  #16407  
Old 09-22-2021, 10:54 AM
Ironhorse Ironhorse is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Boat: 2021 Prostar
Location: Alberta
Posts: 1,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumi View Post
I doubt you can get away with just a little at home gel work. The back end needs fiberglass work. Who knows what the bottom of the hull looks like; it's probably been beached a lot. The post also mentioned the pickle for needing fiberglass work, so it was likely run into a dock. Fixing it up for $15k, even with significant amount of DIY work, is highly optimistic.

This would be a far better choice, and prices are likely to come down even more in the coming months: https://www.onlyinboards.com/2004-Ma...io-128920.aspx
Fair, but I have witnessed a home fiberglass and gel repair to a lot more damage than that on a Malibu. It all comes down to the skills of the purchaser. Definitely not a deal if you plan to have a few different shops do the work on your behalf.
Reply With Quote
  #16408  
Old 09-22-2021, 11:49 AM
JMann's Avatar
JMann JMann is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, Indmar 351
Location: West coat, San Francisco bay area
Posts: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlogged882 View Post
I am leaning in your direction. No wood grain panel(s) in the dash nor wood grain steering wheel, trim, etc.

I could be wrong, but (if).....you're wrong with me.

.
I think I'll go take a look at it this weekend. I've been looking for a 209 or x9 of this era so it could be worth it. I trust you guys you're saying it's a 209 not an x9 Sammy? That's not a deal breaker for me. Did they put the LTR 330hp motor as an option in the 209?
How can I either prove you guys right or him right when I go see it? Zooming in on the one interior picture he has posted the interior says 209 on the observer seat nothing about Sammy.

Maybe he proved you wrong? Here's a picture he just sent of the engine

Thanks
Attached Images
 

Last edited by JMann; 09-22-2021 at 12:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16409  
Old 09-22-2021, 12:19 PM
bturner2's Avatar
bturner2 bturner2 is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Boat: 2016 200 Sport Nautique
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 5,197
No stickers but that engine makes it look like it. I found this on the web. No mention on wood grain on this year.....
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #16410  
Old 09-22-2021, 12:23 PM
tph's Avatar
tph tph is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: '83 Metalflake Blue on Grey S&S Powerslot, 351W
Posts: 1,655
Sammy Duvall 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumi View Post
They did make Sammy Duvall versions of the 209. This one however is lacking all of the decals that made it a Sammy Duvall.
Here's another listing for a SD that looks similar:

https://www.popyachts.com/wake-ski-b...uisiana-111093
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
board rack, for sale, free, hyperlight, mastercraft xstar 2008, oakley wrap, perfect pass, timer, tower speakers, trailer, x star 2008

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 PM.


2020