Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 09-03-2019, 10:43 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2003 Mastercraft X2
New Swim/Surf Deck Help

Not sure, where to post this one but looking for some help and advise. While parked at a hotel this past weekend, someone cut a corner too sharp and hit and broke our original swim deck. Looking for options to get it replaced. I'm not opposed to a new fiberglass deck, to replace the Teak one. Thanks much!

Boat is a 2003 Mastercraft X2
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2019, 11:17 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 PS 205-351w,285HO
Sorry that happened. Your teak platform looks 100% repairable should you chose to fix it. If you decide to go new, I would gladly purchase that one from you "as is".
For a new replacement reach out to Teak World:
http://teakworldenterprises.samsbiz.com/

I would inspect the fiberglass around both mounting brackets too. I don't know if OEM style brackets are available for your boat, but I'm sure some other TT member will be along that can help with that, and also if a fiberglass platform is an option. Good luck!
Old 09-04-2019, 09:20 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2005 Mastercraft X2
I have an 05 X2 and someone rear ended me at the start of this year while trailing the boat. My Mastercraft dealer ordered me a brand new teak platform and brackets.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:54 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 Maristar VRS
Teak is 100% repairable. The brackets though, need to be replaced. Put your seatbelt on ... they are expensive because htey are castings ... likely around $250 to $300. I think there are many MC parts dealers that would have these.