• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cody2662
    TT Enthusiast
    • Oct 2017

Best slalom ski

What would everyone say is the best slalom ski for an intermediate-ish skier? I’ve definitely outgrown my 67” O’Brien. And does anyone have one for sale?
  • paco_06
    MC Devotee
    • Aug 2014

Not much info there, what will it be used for? Free ski or course? Also, what's your weight and height?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Cody2662
      TT Enthusiast
      • Oct 2017

Free ski for now, hopefully course if I can find one around here. I’m 5’10” and 185lbs give or take. I believe the ski I have at the moment is a 67” O’Brien synchro

Comment

• slalomjunkie
        MC Maniac
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Cody2662 View Post
        What would everyone say is the best slalom ski for an intermediate-ish skier? I’ve definitely outgrown my 67” O’Brien. And does anyone have one for sale?
        Originally posted by Cody2662 View Post
        Free ski for now, hopefully course if I can find one around here. I’m 5’10” and 185lbs give or take. I believe the ski I have at the moment is a 67” O’Brien synchro
        At 5'10" 185, I would not say you've outgrown it - a 67" is exactly what you need to be on. Lots of great skis to ski on - I'm an HO guy myself but the Radars are great too.

So free-skiing - what speed? I assume you're skiing -15' or at least I hope so.
        The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

• mikeg205
          MC Master Poster
          • Aug 2011

why out grown? which obrien which bindings...

what do you consider being intermediate-ish?

I had a 2011 HO Freeride - I did not like it - but as I got better I believe it's a fine ski - I'd recommend spending the money on coaching to see if you are in the right form and skiing correctly.. which means skiing more safely.

have any youtube of you skiing? that would a better indicator of what ski you should step up to or keep you ski and work on technique...

Ask me I how I know..
          sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• slalomjunkie
            MC Maniac
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
            have any youtube of you skiing? that would a better indicator of what ski you should step up to or keep you ski and work on technique...

Ask me I how I know..
            My bill is in the mail - did you receive it?
            The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

• tommurtha
              MC Devotee
              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by slalomjunkie View Post

speaking of bills!!!! That In depth video analysis that got you through -28 is overdue

Comment

• mikeg205
                MC Master Poster
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by slalomjunkie View Post
                check is in the mail - tell me USPS screwed up again..
                sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• slalomjunkie
                  MC Maniac
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by tommurtha View Post
                  speaking of bills!!!! That In depth video analysis that got you through -28 is overdue
                  MikeG: Just send your check to Tom - thanks

Comment

• mikeg205
                    MC Master Poster
                    • Aug 2011

bwuhahaha

Comment

• slalomjunkie
                      MC Maniac
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
                      bwuhahaha

Comment

• SkiLKG
                        TT Enthusiast
                        • Feb 2016

I am a Connelly V man myself. I would say I am fairly intermediate. Heavy in free ski at 22 off but I am able to run a full course at least at 15 off (when I have access to one). I don't see a lot of other people mention that ski often but I really like it. When I bought it, I was able to try three different skis and I liked the feel of the Connelly V best over Radar.
                        2005 Prostar 197 w/ mini tower

Richmond, VA & Lake Gaston, NC

Comment

• paco_06
                          MC Devotee
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by SkiLKG View Post
                          I am a Connelly V man myself. I would say I am fairly intermediate. Heavy in free ski at 22 off but I am able to run a full course at least at 15 off (when I have access to one). I don't see a lot of other people mention that ski often but I really like it. When I bought it, I was able to try three different skis and I liked the feel of the Connelly V best over Radar.
                          You nailed it, try many different skis! This took a couple years for me, as I bought and sold several finding the one for me! I love my radar senate, but also like d3 as a close second. For some reason I always felt more comfortable on a H.O., but was terrible on the course with one.

Either way, only way to really compare them is on the course. Otherwise, just pick a ski if you're just wanting to spend money there's always great deals on ski-it-again.com

Comment

• paco_06
                            MC Devotee
                            • Aug 2014

Oh, and like others said. 67" is perfect for you

Comment

• bturner2
                              MC Addict
                              • Mar 2008

I'm a heavier, older skier and have two skis I'm currently riding. I have a RADAR Senate with Vector boot forward and RTP rear. I use this ski for the clam protected water on the inland lake that I ski on. The boot is one of the most comfortable boots I've ever owned which is a real statement as I have wide feet and most everything I've owned to this point was painful to the point of foot cramps after a single set. I like this ski as it feels very similar to the EP Comp 1 I started on years and years ago. It's stable, forgiving and has a soft flex pattern that allows you to develop a progressive cut in glass to moderate (slalom) chop.

My other ski is a 2017 HO Freeride EVO that I use on Lake Erie which even when it's calm has considerable swells to deal with. It's no course ski but is great to just go out and ride on at slower speeds which is ideal for those rolling swells. I have the ski set up the same with a front boot and RTP. The bindings are not as nice as the Vectors but still very comfortable.

I'm happy with both skis for their intended purposes.

Comment

Working...
                              X