Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-05-2019, 07:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-14, 40th Anniversary Edition, MCX w/ Powerslot
Just went under contract on a lot on Lake Gaston

Any suggestions on things I need to make sure I cross off the list during due diligence?

1. Getting soil/perk test to confirm it still perks for 4 Bedrooms (has community water so don’t have to worry about well). I also have old septic permit that county sent to me, so I know where septic field was approved originally.
2. Already working with dock builder to have dock permit approved by power company prior to purchase
3. Probably get lot surveyed for lot lines, as plat survey was done when subdivision was developed.

Thanks!

View looking out from lot!
Attached Images

Old 09-05-2019, 07:28 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Title insurance

2 Peter 1:3Ė8
Old 09-05-2019, 07:42 PM
TT Regular

Thatís awesome...congrats! Iím in the process of looking at a second house there, but inventory is a bit thin right now. Where abouts is your lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-05-2019, 07:47 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 sportstar 19
have soil test check for pipe clay (fullers earth). also have septic tank checked and pumped.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 View Post
Thatís awesome...congrats! Iím in the process of looking at a second house there, but inventory is a bit thin right now. Where abouts is your lot?

Thanks! Itís on Hawtree Creek, SW quad. Agreed, but lot, will allow us to build exactly what we want in a couple years! Good luck with your search!
Old 09-05-2019, 08:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeach View Post
have soil test check for pipe clay (fullers earth). also have septic tank checked and pumped.
Thanks, Iíll read up on pipe clay. Lot doesnít have septic tank yet, so donít have to worry about it being pumped yet. Just need to make sure it still meets requirements to have one installed when we build!
Old 09-05-2019, 08:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2017 X-23
I don't know anything about the area, but I would definitely have the perc test done and have the surveyor come out and mark the property. In addition, during the inspection period I would also review the following:

1. Go around and meet the neighbors and ask them anything they know about the property or the area that you should be concerned about. Also, you will find out a lot about who you will be living next to for perhaps a long time (even if it is a second home). I think this is probably the most important thing to do during your diligence....you can learn more than any title company can tell you about the property in this phase

2. Carefully review and covenants to the property or HOA CC&R's if any

3. Check on cable, wifi and phone access to the property....would suck to not have internet access.

4. Hard to tell from pic, but water looks like it might be shallow, make sure the dock permit will allow you to build out far enough for safe boat access (I have a place on a lake with a lot of shallow areas so this is important for me)

5. Review title docs for easements, etc. which may affect your building plans or property lay out.

My $.02 worth.

Good luck!
Old 09-05-2019, 09:15 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krw1225 View Post
Thanks! Itís on Hawtree Creek, SW quad. Agreed, but lot, will allow us to build exactly what we want in a couple years! Good luck with your search!

Very exciting for you all! We are looking mostly in the NE quad as we are outside of Richmond...lizard creek, pea hill creek etc.

Best of luck!!

Old 09-05-2019, 09:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeGus View Post
I don't know anything about the area, but I would definitely have the perc test done and have the surveyor come out and mark the property. In addition, during the inspection period I would also review the following:

1. Go around and meet the neighbors and ask them anything they know about the property or the area that you should be concerned about. Also, you will find out a lot about who you will be living next to for perhaps a long time (even if it is a second home). I think this is probably the most important thing to do during your diligence....you can learn more than any title company can tell you about the property in this phase

2. Carefully review and covenants to the property or HOA CC&R's if any

3. Check on cable, wifi and phone access to the property....would suck to not have internet access.

4. Hard to tell from pic, but water looks like it might be shallow, make sure the dock permit will allow you to build out far enough for safe boat access (I have a place on a lake with a lot of shallow areas so this is important for me)

5. Review title docs for easements, etc. which may affect your building plans or property lay out.

My $.02 worth.

Good luck!
Thanks! Have thought through almost all of these prior to offer. Have been compiling info for almost 2 months!

1. Have already met the direct neighbor (retired couple and 2nd home for them), also spoken with hoa president, former hoa president, also spoke to Vp of Hoa -head of architectural committee, all are older retired, but have given good insight to neighborhood

2. Have read covenants and architectural guidelines prior to offer and spoken with HOA informally on initial dock plans/lot, etc.

3. Have confirmed you can get Internet from neighbor already!

4. Water depth is 6ft at end of total projection for dock permit. Offer is contingent upon dock permit approval from power company.

5. Will verify at time, but appears to be ok from Plat survey Iíve already seen with those listed.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:49 AM
TT Enthusiast

Update, closed on the lot yesterday! Working on final dock design and getting quotes to have a driveway/parking area put in! Pretty pumped for Spring already, ha!
Attached Images