• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • milkmania
    MC Platinum
    • Dec 2004

Ford Recall...

I don’t drive one... but, some of you do!
    Attached Files
    WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
  • Fullpass
    MC Devotee
    • Dec 2013

software issue, maybe just a down load...update software. should be quick.

Comment

• FoggyNogginz
      MC Maniac
      • Aug 2006

Wow...can you imagine downshifting to 1st gear in a curve or on the highway? Scary.

"Ford said select 2011-2013 model year trucks with six-speed automatic transmission could experience an unintended downshift into first gear without warning, which could result in the loss of vehicle control. Ford is aware of five accidents, including one report of whiplash potentially related to the issue."

Comment

• waterskier360
        TT Enthusiast
        • Apr 2018

Originally posted by FoggyNogginz View Post
        Wow...can you imagine downshifting to 1st gear in a curve or on the highway? Scary.

"Ford said select 2011-2013 model year trucks with six-speed automatic transmission could experience an unintended downshift into first gear without warning, which could result in the loss of vehicle control. Ford is aware of five accidents, including one report of whiplash potentially related to the issue."

Happened to a friend, blew the tranny
        $3000 repair .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        2012 GT205
        2011 X25
        2019 NXT22
        2020 NXT20

Comment

• occva
          TT Enthusiast
          • Aug 2011

This is just a software fix to keep it from down shifting. The problem with the transmission still exists.

Comment

• Fullpass
            MC Devotee
            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by occva View Post
            This is just a software fix to keep it from down shifting. The problem with the transmission still exists.

Half to see...I would not think its a mechanical connection, rather software issue bug per say, if where mechanical 99 percent sure it would be replaced...Till we find out more, just a guess on both sides of the issue. I'm a Chevy fan...so not sticking up for Ford because I'm a Ford guy or anything.

Comment

• mpasino
              TT Newbie
              • Mar 2017

Happened to me. Molded lead frame. tsb13-06-08

Tried to take off at a green light and it acted like the throttle was just not responding. I didn’t realize it, but it was trying to take off in 5th gear. In the middle of the intersection turning left it finally downshifted with a thunk and lunged forward. As I tried to accelrate it was going straight from 1st to 4th down to 2nd. Just wigging out. When I got up to about 40 it just slams to 1st, pegging our the tach. Was a mile from work so I limped in 1st gear and got it towed.

They did have a recall covering through September 8th, 2012. Mine was manufactured September 29th, 2012. Lost that battle with 2 local dealers. $750 at the transmission shop to replace the lead frame. Luckily no other damage. Looked pretty common after googling.

Mines a ‘12 ecoboost

Comment

• osmonet
                TT Regular
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by mpasino View Post
                Happened to me. Molded lead frame. tsb13-06-08

Tried to take off at a green light and it acted like the throttle was just not responding. I didn’t realize it, but it was trying to take off in 5th gear. In the middle of the intersection turning left it finally downshifted with a thunk and lunged forward. As I tried to accelrate it was going straight from 1st to 4th down to 2nd. Just wigging out. When I got up to about 40 it just slams to 1st, pegging our the tach. Was a mile from work so I limped in 1st gear and got it towed.

They did have a recall covering through September 8th, 2012. Mine was manufactured September 29th, 2012. Lost that battle with 2 local dealers. $750 at the transmission shop to replace the lead frame. Luckily no other damage. Looked pretty common after googling.

Mines a ‘12 ecoboost
                Sounds like you're not alone

Comment

• waterbuffalo
                  TT Enthusiast
                  • Jun 2016

Had this happen to me twice, both times they replaced the lead frame module. Once under warranty and one not under warranty. I paid 800$ in 2017 for this fix and they won’t reimburse my money now.

They knew how to get around it without paying all the people money, by using an “update” to fix the problem. So, now the truck just works around the problem, BS.

I had the truck lock up the tires at 55 and almost had a school buss rear-end me at a traffic light. Think of all the wear and tear on the transmission.

I have a 2012, and back before this update they had a service fix for certain trucks of my year and I didn’t fall into it then. It is complete Bull ****!!

I should try to take them to small claims court to see if I can get anything that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• stuartmcnair
                    MC Devotee
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post
                    Had this happen to me twice, both times they replaced the lead frame module. Once under warranty and one not under warranty. I paid 800$ in 2017 for this fix and they won’t reimburse my money now.

They knew how to get around it without paying all the people money, by using an “update” to fix the problem. So, now the truck just works around the problem, BS.

I had the truck lock up the tires at 55 and almost had a school buss rear-end me at a traffic light. Think of all the wear and tear on the transmission.

I have a 2012, and back before this update they had a service fix for certain trucks of my year and I didn’t fall into it then. It is complete Bull ****!!

I should try to take them to small claims court to see if I can get anything that way.

You absolutely should.

Comment

• roadster02
                      MC Devotee
                      • Oct 2013

Yes you should!

Originally posted by waterbuffalo View Post

Comment

• mikeg205
                        MC Master Poster
                        • Aug 2011

Just got my letter, ford is blaming the transmission output spped sensor and developing software fix. Per news i thought software was already complete...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• maxpower220
                          MC Fanatic
                          • Sep 2008

The 5.0 software is out, not for the 3.5. (According to my dealer and the reference from my letter)
                          1997 PS 205

Comment

• mikeg205
                            MC Master Poster
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by maxpower220 View Post
                            The 5.0 software is out, not for the 3.5. (According to my dealer and the reference from my letter)
                            Yes waiting for software.... luckily no problems on my end.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                            sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

• waterbuffalo
                              TT Enthusiast
                              • Jun 2016

I don’t have to fight ford over this anymore. I just got a letter saying that they are covering the lead frame module, too..now. So, I took my truck in and they are going to give me a full refund for the service repairs I had to pay for.

Comment

Working...
                              X