• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lakedrum03
    MC Devotee
    • Jul 2017

Doomswell Falcon?

I reached out to them for a recommendation for my boat (205V variant, with about 2500lbs ballast and wakeshaper) for a 200lb me. They said they would recommend the Falcon.

Anyone tried the Falcon from Doomswell?
    Link: https://www.doomswell.com/collection...s/falcon-white

Anybody have any other recommendations?

Edit: here is their product video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkLM...ature=emb_logo
    Last edited by lakedrum03; 01-26-2021, 11:33 AM.
  • lakedrum03
    MC Devotee
    • Jul 2017

I reached out to every manufacturer I could think of to get their recommendations.

Chaos Surfboards recommended their Sixer in 4'-6"
    link here: https://chaossurfco.com/wakesurfboards/chaos-sixer

Liquid Force responded back with a canned answer of, "we don't know, but here is a long list of everything we sell."

Comment

• lakedrum03
      MC Devotee
      • Jul 2017

Ronix's team came back with these suggestions:

Time machine
      Broadcast
      Landlock
      Good Daze/ Shim
      UTE
      Satellite
      Wingman

Comment

• jgraham37128
        TT Regular
        • Oct 2012

Call Soulcraft. I'd recommend a blunt nose Honu 4.5

Comment

• bturner2
          MC Addict
          • Mar 2008

So I take it you're looking for surf style then? If so can't comment much other than the "boat board" we carry. If you're looking for a crossover or skim and don't want to break the bank we've done really well with Phase 5 boards. They have a bunch of boards for your height and weight range.

Comment

• lakedrum03
            MC Devotee
            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by bturner2 View Post
            So I take it you're looking for surf style then? If so can't comment much other than the "boat board" we carry. If you're looking for a crossover or skim and don't want to break the bank we've done really well with Phase 5 boards. They have a bunch of boards for your height and weight range.
            I have no idea what I want. There is so much information and types out there, that I am lost. I want a board that I can do carving and spins. Maybe one day learn to pop.

Comment

• bturner2
              MC Addict
              • Mar 2008

Surf style will carve easier and probably pop easier too. Spinning on a skim board is much easier. Carving a skim is done through by using the rails on the board. This was much more natural for me coming from a trick skiing, wakeboarding background.

What style you go with is purely a personal thing. My P5 Model X is considered a crossover board. Mine came with with 3 fins. First out I ran all 3 and it was pretty "surf-ish". By the end of the season I was running only the center and it was very skim board-ish. The next year I swapped out the standard fin for one half the size. It's now as close you can get to a skim board without going flat bottom and no fins. This year I'll probably ditch the last fin when I want to go practice spins. The point here is if you don't know what you want you may want to start with either a couple real cheap boards to get started or go with a crossover so you can do a bit of both with.

Comment

• lakedrum03
                MC Devotee
                • Jul 2017

Kevin at Soulcraft responded with:

Looking over your Rider Profile notes, I would focus on our Honu or Voodoo models. These models utilize a larger tail volume that will help you out on your XStar wave and match your height and weight much better than our smaller tail designs. The Honu will be a more lively ride character (Carvy/surfy and amp drive from the tail). The Voodoo will be more stable and build straight-line speed a little faster. Good boost with the tail volume, but a little slower in rail to rail movements and surfy character when compared to the Honu.

Sizing for you from our stock dimensions:
                Honu - 4’7”x19.5”x1.5”
                Voodoo - 4’6”x19.5”x1.5”

Currently we are sold out on Voodoo’s but will have more coming out of production in April. Honu is available to ship today.

Comment

• Burton167can
                  TT Regular
                  • Nov 2020

I currently have a Honu and Chaos ringer, which I understand is a bigger sixer. I would say the ringer's description very much matches the above description of of the voodoo. The description of the Honu is pretty bang on, the feedback from other riders is how responsive it is to small movements, many beginners who try it describe it as twitchy. My personal choice is my Chaos board, I find it smooth, reactive and fast, a real pleasure to ride. I dont think you will be dissapointed with a Chaos or a Soulcraft, both are outstanding products. Cant speak for the doomswell.

Comment

• John Johnson
                    MC Devotee
                    • Aug 2013

I had a custom Honu. Loved that board. However, I found myself exclusively surfing skim after two seasons. I'm a bigger guy and I just felt more comfortable on a skim board. My SoulCraft found a new home here on TT. Bottom line. Jeff Wahlers at SoulCraft is one of the best guys in the business and his advice won't be wrong. I would wait and try both a skim and a surf style before buying one or both. My .02.

Comment

• bturner2
                      MC Addict
                      • Mar 2008

I did the same as above. If I were buying another board it would be a dedicated skim board but again it's all what style you like and are going for.

Comment

• rbuss4
                        MC Fanatic
                        • Apr 2016

We could not recommend Phase 5 boards any more. Rode/owned RONIX, Soulcraft, others and now only own/ride Phase 5. They make great boards. Surf style- there are many nice ones-we ride Phantoms (have all three sizes). Skim style- Hammerhead- we have two sizes, one old style one that is the new "bean" shape that puts the widest part of the board under your feet and narrows out the middle. The Hammerhead is the fastest(meaning less work to keep moving forward as skim boards don't usually have the same push as surf style boards) skim style board I have ever ridden. It pushes like a surf style. Phase 5 nailed it with the Hammerhead!

Comment

• gwozhog
                          MC Devotee
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
                          I reached out to them for a recommendation for my boat (205V variant, with about 2500lbs ballast and wakeshaper) for a 200lb me. They said they would recommend the Falcon.

Anyone tried the Falcon from Doomswell?
                          Link: https://www.doomswell.com/collection...s/falcon-white

Anybody have any other recommendations?

Edit: here is their product video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkLM...ature=emb_logo
                          That doomswell looks nice. I would ask if the nose dips easier than the neo because the 205v makes a steep wave with a short transition. I have ridden quite a few doomswells and like the neo a lot behind a the 205v

Comment

• lakedrum03
                            MC Devotee
                            • Jul 2017

Originally posted by rbuss4 View Post
                            We could not recommend Phase 5 boards any more. Rode/owned RONIX, Soulcraft, others and now only own/ride Phase 5. They make great boards. Surf style- there are many nice ones-we ride Phantoms (have all three sizes). Skim style- Hammerhead- we have two sizes, one old style one that is the new "bean" shape that puts the widest part of the board under your feet and narrows out the middle. The Hammerhead is the fastest(meaning less work to keep moving forward as skim boards don't usually have the same push as surf style boards) skim style board I have ever ridden. It pushes like a surf style. Phase 5 nailed it with the Hammerhead!
                            I have reached out to P5 and have not heard back from them as of yet. The hammerhead looks cool.

Comment

• lakedrum03
                              MC Devotee
                              • Jul 2017

I seem to be really liking the Doomswell boards. Either the Falcon or the Nubstep seem the best for my particular conditions. They seem to be slightly more "hybrid" then necessarily a surf or skim exclusively.

My second choice would be the P5 Hammerhead.

Comment

Working...
                              X