Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 06-03-2019, 11:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2019 XSTAR
2005 X45 with GSA

The interior need to be replaced only a few seams are busted but it is heavily sun damaged.

580ish hours.

Upgrades include

Perfect pass stargazer gps
Wave control (go surf assist)
Piggy back plumbed rear bags
Synthetic snap in carpet (similar to decadence)
New amp with crossover to adjust cabin vs tower volume.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:14 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 Prostar 205 (Sold), 2006 x15 w/ mcx
Without knowing what condition the trailer and hull are in it's hard to get too exact but with knowing it needs a 4-6k interior I'd say you are looking at somewhere around 38k. That would put the boat worth somewhere in the low 40's which sounds about right for a 2005.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:35 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2019 XSTAR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbeck View Post
Without knowing what condition the trailer and hull are in it's hard to get too exact but with knowing it needs a 4-6k interior I'd say you are looking at somewhere around 38k. That would put the boat worth somewhere in the low 40's which sounds about right for a 2005.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I guess my biggest unknowns are 1. How much the interior devalues the boat. And 2. How much value the surf tabs and ballast upgrades add. But I was thinking somewhere in that range too.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:04 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 Prostar 205 (Sold), 2006 x15 w/ mcx
Interiors are a huge expense to do correctly, especially on a boat the size of a 45. Plug n play ballast upgrades are pretty much a wash, they are only a couple hundred bucks to do yourself new. The surf system is an interesting one, it's a big expense, and imo like any other mods I don't think that you will see your investment back on it. I think that spending $4k on gsa really only adds maybe $2k to your resale. It's a case by case deal but to some buys gsa is worth more than $2k for sure, and to others it's worth nothing. Just like stereos and other mods though, I wouldn't add gsa and expect to see it hold it's value on resale, do it because you want to use it and enjoy it and plan on losing money on the purchase in the end.