Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 10-13-2019, 07:04 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1990 Maristar 210
Swim platform, repaired, before sanding.

Swim platform, oiled up! Also pic'd is the teak floor well cover...

Hand rails. This is the underside, which was by far the worst, but it cleaned up really nice!

Required materials.....

Pedestals before and after

Overall update..... the hull's bodywork is pretty much 100% done. I am waiting to post pics because I've got decals and pin striping in the works. The buffing, polishing and waxing turned out GREAT. I'd never want to start this project over but I feel like I've cleared a very big hurdle in it. I am thinking either this week or next, the decals will be on and I'll post it up. Just waiting on the decal guy to get in the special ordered materials... (hope it turns out good!!!) I have also ordered Hardin marine straight cut stainless exhaust tips to be installed soon. I figured I'd put that on before the swim platform. I've also ordered a proper boat cover so no more tarping for me, thankfully.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:18 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1990 Maristar 210
I'll also add to the update my plans from here. As for the engine - I am looking at a company, Creb Engineering, for a 351 long block. It has GT40P heads and roller valve train. I'm *thinking* about a company called cam research for a custom grind cam from them. They'll also run in the cam with roller lifters and send them along. Speaking to Creb folks, they'd have no problem building the engine with my supplied cam and lifters. I'd posted before that I nabbed a set of heads off a wrecked vehicle and I'm going to hold on to those for now. Or I might see if the engine builder would like another core set for a discount or something.

The trans is going to be rebuilt by a local guy that builds velvet drives for work boats here all the time. I know this is something I could do myself but with all the corrosion on this trans, I figure he'll spot if there is anything out of the ordinary. Plus, he's very reasonably priced.

Other things to do - Rudder orings, cutlass bearing, fuel tank sender, engine mounts and about a million other things but as long as its not wet sanding or buffing I'm good with it!!

Tags
pva, sprayer