• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ejplimley
    TT Regular
    • Jul 2019

New Axle for 2002 X-Star Trailer

I have a single axle trailer and it seems like one of my torsion axle rubbers is getting soft and starting to sag on the one side. The axle is 3" HSS tubing built by UFP. I have the serial number of the trailer axle but I'm having a hard time finding someone that can send me a replacement.

The tubing has an offset in it as well to allow clearance for the fins on the hull.

There's no MC dealers in my area.

Any recommendations for a trailer axle company that can build me one and send it to me?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Attached Files
    2013 X-25
    2011 X-25
    2002 X-Star (sold)
  • Mikey197
    TT Newbie
    • Apr 2018

Had to do the same.
    New axle hubs & brakes.
    Cost about 1k in parts.
    The plus side is the axle arms are splinded so I could raise the ride height to suit me
    The axle is a UFP custom order and I had to fabricate plates to extend the mounts down to the new axle.
    I can email you a scan of my invoices for part numbers.

Comment

• captain planet
      MC Platinum
      • Aug 2005

Just had mine fail. If you call UFP it may be covered under warranty/recall. There were problems with those from that era that they are covering.
      2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

"The one who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find themselves in places no one has ever been before." - Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mikey197
        TT Newbie
        • Apr 2018

Mine didn't fail just sagged and I wanted more ground clearance

Comment

• ejplimley
          TT Regular
          • Jul 2019

captain planet, were you able to get it covered under the recall? I've heard lots of people talk about it, but I don't know of anyone that actual received a replacement from UFP.
          2013 X-25
          2011 X-25
          2002 X-Star (sold)

Comment

• captain planet
            MC Platinum
            • Aug 2005

Mine is being mounted as we speak.
            2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

"The one who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find themselves in places no one has ever been before." - Albert Einstein

Comment

• lakedrum03
              MC Devotee
              • Jul 2017

Originally posted by captain planet View Post
              Mine is being mounted as we speak.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	BE483AF7-6E9D-4328-A492-73058BD51C57.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	2400215

Comment

• bdiesel
                TT Regular
                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by captain planet View Post
                Just had mine fail. If you call UFP it may be covered under warranty/recall. There were problems with those from that era that they are covering.
                My front passenger side failed yesterday. Did you call the UFP warranty number on the dexter website?

Comment

• msp66
                  TT Newbie
                  • Mar 2016

Hey all. I just had mine completely fail just as I pulled the boat out of the water yesterday. Good thing it wasn't while on the freeway. I've already taken the axle out and thanks to this thread was able to find out who to contact. We tried local axle shops and they wouldn't touch it. I was a little disappointed when I phoned Dexter as they will not cover it under warranty (second owner). They also wouldn't give me a quote over the phone to expedite the process. Boat is currently stranded up north. Any further information and/or tips to expedite the replacement process would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X