Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 09-04-2019, 11:14 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Klipsch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakejunkie View Post
Yes if the volume is at max or one level down it on the iPhone it will distort in the popping sound at any zone or volume on boat via Bluetooth. If we drop the phone volume down two levels. Then it is perfectly clear at any zone or volume. Weird thing is my iPhone X software 12.4 can be played at max volume with no distortion. However overall volume from boat isnít as loud as the iPhone 8 Plus. Again all music purchased from iTunes on both phones and no equalizer setting.

I have not tried usb connection and volume settings to try and repeat the popping found on Bluetooth. I will attempt it and provide feedback. Thanks for the support!
If you can, after you try the USB connection method, update your iPhone to 12.4.1. One of our senior Engineers has observed some Bluetooth connectivity issues with his car and home devices that were introduced just before 12.4 but has since stopped with 12.4.1.

After update to 12.4.1, re-test both Bluetooth and USB modes and see if there's any change.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:09 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Klipsch
For those who've had the audio stop playing but the head unit continue to operate, the most likely cause of this is low-voltage to the batteries running the amps. The amp(s) will stop operation when the battery gets too low. The next time you experience this, check the LED status lights on the amp(s).

Cycling the battery off/on will reinitialize the amps and if the operating voltage is sufficient, they will resume normal operation.

On earlier versions of the amps, the status light for low-voltage would show a blinking BLUE LED. This would occur at less than 10.8VDC.

On later version of the amps, the status light for low-voltage would show a RED/BLUE alternating pattern. This would occur at less than 10.2VDC.

Let me know if you have this occur again and whether the amps were showing the low-voltage indicator lights.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:59 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2019 NXT22, 2012 Hurricane FD 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klipsch View Post
For those who've had the audio stop playing but the head unit continue to operate, the most likely cause of this is low-voltage to the batteries running the amps. The amp(s) will stop operation when the battery gets too low. The next time you experience this, check the LED status lights on the amp(s).

Cycling the battery off/on will reinitialize the amps and if the operating voltage is sufficient, they will resume normal operation.

On earlier versions of the amps, the status light for low-voltage would show a blinking BLUE LED. This would occur at less than 10.8VDC.

On later version of the amps, the status light for low-voltage would show a RED/BLUE alternating pattern. This would occur at less than 10.2VDC.

Let me know if you have this occur again and whether the amps were showing the low-voltage indicator lights.
Thanks for this! Much appreciated.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:51 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2019 XT21
Klipsch and WetSounds A-link

I have a WetSounds A-Link that I used all the time in my ProStar 209. A group of 3 friends and I would sync our music when staked off together. The sound of 4 boats playing in sync is awesome. I recently upgraded to a 2019 XT21 with the Klipsch system. Am I going to be able to use the A-Link with the Klipsch system? Thanks!
Old 09-05-2019, 09:54 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatCraig99 View Post
I have a WetSounds A-Link that I used all the time in my ProStar 209. A group of 3 friends and I would sync our music when staked off together. The sound of 4 boats playing in sync is awesome. I recently upgraded to a 2019 XT21 with the Klipsch system. Am I going to be able to use the A-Link with the Klipsch system? Thanks!
Nope.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2019!!!!!!

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...d.php?t=100065

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten
Old 09-10-2019, 12:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, NXT22, 2018, 5500 Ilmor, GenII w/710 bags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klipsch View Post
What make & model phone are you guys using and what software version does the phone have? Any further issues since you first observed it?
I have a Samsung S9 just did an update last night on 9-9-19, but the issue I had was the whole unit would not turn on when after we started the boat in the morning. After Idling out of the marina we could not get the head unit to turn on. We tuned the battery switch off and on and that fixed it. The day be fore we did not do anything to drain the batteries like playing the stereo without running the boat. I have not had any issues since and probably had about 5-6 more days on the boat.

When will Android users be able to hook up via USB to get better sound? I down load the highest quality songs. Any tricks on the settings on my phone to make sure I'm getting the most out of the stereo while using BlueTooth?
Old 09-10-2019, 02:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2019 XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tookeymonster View Post
I have a Samsung S9 just did an update last night on 9-9-19, but the issue I had was the whole unit would not turn on when after we started the boat in the morning. After Idling out of the marina we could not get the head unit to turn on. We tuned the battery switch off and on and that fixed it. The day be fore we did not do anything to drain the batteries like playing the stereo without running the boat. I have not had any issues since and probably had about 5-6 more days on the boat.

When will Android users be able to hook up via USB to get better sound? I down load the highest quality songs. Any tricks on the settings on my phone to make sure I'm getting the most out of the stereo while using BlueTooth?
If you are using spotify, I use the EQ in the app to boost the bass and am very pleased. I'm on an S10
Old Today, 12:36 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2019 XStar
The 2020 DSP update is worth the trouble for anyone looking for more bass. I have a 2019 XStar. The bass from the subs was ok but the dealer just recently updated my DSP with the newest update and the subs really came alive. I am noticing a big difference, so much so that I actually had to lower the sub zone level some compared to the other zones. Just thought I would share my experience.
Old Today, 10:46 PM
Tony84121

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2Play View Post
The 2020 DSP update is worth the trouble for anyone looking for more bass. I have a 2019 XStar. The bass from the subs was ok but the dealer just recently updated my DSP with the newest update and the subs really came alive. I am noticing a big difference, so much so that I actually had to lower the sub zone level some compared to the other zones. Just thought I would share my experience.
What is the newest software version with this new update so I can ensure my MC has the latest and greatest?

Tags
aric is spelled wrong, bongiovi, dsp, klipsch, stereo