Cub Cadet Zero Turn mowers? experience please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • georgea0731
    MC Fanatic
    • Jul 2004

Cub Cadet Zero Turn mowers? experience please?

I've been looking at the Cub cadet this whole summer. I prefer at least the Z force level, but just missed a 2014 SZ 48 inch commerical for dirt cheap, $2500. There's another 1, 2015 SZ with 54 inch commercial for $3,775, but it's 15 hours away at EIS in Two Rivers, WI.
    So my option is new middle of the road or used upper class?
    They appear to have 4 levels; RZT, Z force S & SX levels then Pro.
    Anyone with one or had one, please advice. There's a store in Forrest City, AR that has Z Force 48 inch for $3600 which beats HD's price by $600 an I'm still negotiating with them since I'd go pick it up.
    Any thoughts or wisdom would be appreciated. the wife thinks I'm crazy, but she's getting Hunter Douglas blinds for over $7K and it's only 2 rooms.
    Previous Boats: 04 X7, 98 190, 96 205, Sylvan Deck
    Thanks and best wishes, George & Sara Amonette
    256 786 2244
    [email protected]
  • Psgwake
    TT Enthusiast
    • Aug 2016

Stick with the s or sx levels , I have a customer that is a dealer and says lower lines are junk for any real use. I looked at the Pro Z 700 and what a machine it is. Upfront cost is high but it will last a lifetime with single yard residential use. Also, they say Kawasaki is a better motor, however , I have a 27hp koler on mine and really like it. Just my .02.

Comment

• CantRepeat
      • Jul 2008

10k up front is more then just your .02 !!
      -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• mustangtexas
        MC Fanatic
        • Sep 2012

I have a Cub Cadet zero turn that I bought at Tractor about 8 years ago. I've had no problems with it and I mow close to 2 acres around the house, drive and barns. I don't know which model it is but I think I paid around $2,900 for it. I don't think I would have bought that model if I was a lawn company or had others using it but since I run it I take care of it. Like most anything, if you take care of it, it'll take care of you.

Comment

• DougP
          TT Regular
          • Dec 2017

Not to knock the Cub Cadet mowers, my father in law has one and likes it a lot, but consider taking a look at the Xmark mowers. I've been running a 72" 27hp Xmark for 10 years now to mow 5 acres and it has worked flawlessly. Also the quality of the cut is unbeatable. Just a thought.

Comment

• zsqure
            MC Devotee
            • Jun 2012

Sounds crazy, but I purchased a used 1995 Grasshopper commercial mower, 60"with bagger/blower system for 2100 in 2004 and traded it off for 600 in 2014. That little thing ran trouble free for all the years i had it. Whatever you choose, research the origin of the "commercial" Cubs and who the manufacturer really is. A bigger deck is always better, if you have the room for it. If you are getting a bagger system and plan to vacuum leaves, stay far away from residential Toro. Their blower unit does not have a large opening to move heavy grass or leaves through it. It is terrible, plugs all the time. Good luck in your search.
            https://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/302328.png
            1988 prostar 190 SOLD
            2001 Prostar 209 SOLD

Comment

• ktmrider6
              TT Regular
              • Apr 2013

+1 on the Exmark. Mowing 4 acres with a 60" Laser E series. Way fast and even more dependable... less time working more time skiing.

Comment

• Maristar210
                MC Master Poster
                • Apr 2005

I pay a guy $50 a week to mow, just sayin'

Comment

• Wheelin98TJ
                  MC Devotee
                  • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Maristar210 View Post
                  I regret that I no longer do this.

Anybody want to buy a John Deere zero turn?

Comment

• paintpollz
                    MC Devotee
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by ktmrider6 View Post
                    +1 on the Exmark. Mowing 4 acres with a 60" Laser E series. Way fast and even more dependable... less time working more time skiing.
                    Exmark. Fantastic Mowers. Not sure what all this talk is about Club Cadets.

I've owned 3 Exmark commercial mowers that I used for residential. Might seem like overkill but once you cut with one you won't go back to resi grade.
                    It's all about the FAT stripes!

Click image for larger version

Name:	992f09bda64e26c94fde39e77194cf73de31f75a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	2392480
                    Kevin

Comment

• Maristar210
                      MC Master Poster
                      • Apr 2005

That IS a great looking lawn

Comment

• slalomjunkie
                        MC Maniac
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Maristar210 View Post
                        $90 per mowing for us, we'd be in the poor house with 1.25 acres. I have to mow every 4 days or it gets too thick. That equates to $5500/yr and i bought a used rider for $300.

I think i got my money's worth so far

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                        The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

• Mastercraftdave
                          MC Addict
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by paintpollz View Post
                          Exmark. Fantastic Mowers. Not sure what all this talk is about Club Cadets.

I've owned 3 Exmark commercial mowers that I used for residential. Might seem like overkill but once you cut with one you won't go back to resi grade.
                          It's all about the FAT stripes!

[ATTACH]181004[/ATTACH]
                          that looks awesome. how do you make the rows look like that? My Zero turn doesn't look like that when I'm done cutting grass.

Comment

• PT 1999 ProStar
                            MC Fanatic
                            • Feb 2009

I originally had a very used scag zero turn. It was awesome until it broke and was not worth fixing. At that point we had a lawn service for about 5-7 years at $90 a pop for 1.25 flat acres. After awhile I had a hard time paying that so I looked at Scag's again but way to expensive. Went to Home Depot and saw the Cub Cadet 50 inch zero turn. That was 6 years ago and it cuts great. Perfect lines like my old Scag and so far very reliable. The only part of it that's is so-so is the bagging system. Grass gets clumped up and I have to pull it out once in awhile. The motor is a 22HP Kawaski and its strong. Good luck.

Comment

• waterlogged882
                              MC Master Poster
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by PT 1999 ProStar View Post
                              ......... The motor is a 22HP Kawasaki and its strong.
                              Bullet proof engines. My gasoline engine preference over all others for mower applications.

Really like my 30 HP Kubota diesel engine too.

93 190
                              (safe click)
                              John 14:6
                              (safe click)

Comment

Working...
                              X