Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-15-2019, 06:32 PM
neil.anderson63's Avatar
neil.anderson63 neil.anderson63 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Boat: 2007 X2
Location: Somewhere on Tablerock
Posts: 2,698
New interior this winter for the X2

Searching for a QUALITY shop to do a complete interior this winter on my 07 X2. I've emailed a bit with Viper. Not impressed with their style of communication.
Looking at cool feel options and design change to that of a newer X2.
I will consider a haul of 8 - 10 hours. Viper didn't really offer much of a discount if I pull the interior and get it to them. So, I figure it's not worth my time to pull and ship it for 500 bones.

I'm in Springfield, Mo. Hoping a TT'r can point me at a reputable shop.
__________________
Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Last edited by neil.anderson63; 09-15-2019 at 07:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-15-2019, 07:26 PM
Prostar 190's Avatar
Prostar 190 Prostar 190 is online now
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Boat: 1989 Prostar 190. 2008 Prostar 197
Location: OHIO
Posts: 397
Guy I used here in central Ohio which would be close to 10 and a half hours from you did an exceptional job on my old ProStar.
After 3 years the interior still looks like the day he did it. We used some of the newer style carbon fiber vinyls and everywhere he made a seem he made the carbon fiber lines lineup.
__________________
1989 Prostar 190 351 for sale
2008 Prostar 197 LY6
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-15-2019, 08:40 PM
ttu's Avatar
ttu ttu is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Location: tulsa
Posts: 5,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
Searching for a QUALITY shop to do a complete interior this winter on my 07 X2. I've emailed a bit with Viper. Not impressed with their style of communication.
Looking at cool feel options and design change to that of a newer X2.
I will consider a haul of 8 - 10 hours. Viper didn't really offer much of a discount if I pull the interior and get it to them. So, I figure it's not worth my time to pull and ship it for 500 bones.

I'm in Springfield, Mo. Hoping a TT'r can point me at a reputable shop.
neil, call Chris! he has been in your area for his whole life. he used to do boat sales. if you don't still have his number let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-15-2019, 10:06 PM
neil.anderson63's Avatar
neil.anderson63 neil.anderson63 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Boat: 2007 X2
Location: Somewhere on Tablerock
Posts: 2,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttu View Post
neil, call Chris! he has been in your area for his whole life. he used to do boat sales. if you don't still have his number let me know.
Will do. Thank you!
__________________
Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-16-2019, 01:16 PM
neil.anderson63's Avatar
neil.anderson63 neil.anderson63 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Boat: 2007 X2
Location: Somewhere on Tablerock
Posts: 2,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prostar 190 View Post
Guy I used here in central Ohio which would be close to 10 and a half hours from you did an exceptional job on my old ProStar.
After 3 years the interior still looks like the day he did it. We used some of the newer style carbon fiber vinyls and everywhere he made a seem he made the carbon fiber lines lineup.
I will keep this in mind. I don't mind a haul for quality workmanship.
Thank you.
__________________
Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-16-2019, 01:30 PM
osmonet's Avatar
osmonet osmonet is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Boat: 2008 X2, MCX
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 1,103
New interior this winter for the X2end

Consider C&E in Eagan MN. Should be right at the high side of your 8 hour drive.

They did my X2 and did an exceptional job. All the stitched x series logos and mastercraft stitching looks like factory


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-16-2019, 08:33 PM
neil.anderson63's Avatar
neil.anderson63 neil.anderson63 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Boat: 2007 X2
Location: Somewhere on Tablerock
Posts: 2,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmonet View Post
Consider C&E in Eagan MN. Should be right at the high side of your 8 hour drive.

They did my X2 and did an exceptional job. All the stitched x series logos and mastercraft stitching looks like factory


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, Fer sure. Oh hey, I know some people up dere.
__________________
Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-16-2019, 09:48 PM
osmonet's Avatar
osmonet osmonet is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Boat: 2008 X2, MCX
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
Thank you, Fer sure. Oh hey, I know some people up dere.


Ya betcha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-05-2019, 08:26 AM
neil.anderson63's Avatar
neil.anderson63 neil.anderson63 is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Boat: 2007 X2
Location: Somewhere on Tablerock
Posts: 2,698
Frustrating... I received some private messages from forum members with great information. Now, I can't access my PM's.
I got a PM about an alternative to Viper. I figured it was a site glitch, still can't get into my PM's to get the contact info.
Are PM's dead?
__________________
Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-05-2019, 08:40 AM
Miss Rita's Avatar
Miss Rita Miss Rita is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Boat: 1992 ProStar 205, 1991 Ski Pro
Location: Black Hills
Posts: 1,521
click on "Quick Links" at the top of your screen, then scroll down to "Private messages"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 PM.


2018